Skip to main content

Dreemin out loud

More
13 years 7 months ago #33889 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Dreemin out loud
If the HCVC committee are keen we can try and find a council that is interested. Needs a suitable empty building, members prepared to loan trucks and then just the operating costs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #33890 by
Replied by on topic Re: Dreemin out loud
I think it's great to have a dream but the land is not just around the corner waiting for a truck heritage centre well not Govt land.

Yes I know about your land for the steam club but what do you do when the 99 year lease runs out I suppose it's not your worry .

And yes HCVC has tried to get a Govt grant but they don't hand them out to that don't have permanent club rooms and that is why we are dreaming of getting our own club rooms and then the rest might happen. Dave

More
13 years 7 months ago #33891 by Intermodel63
Replied by Intermodel63 on topic Re: Dreemin out loud
Don't give up on the grant funding approach guys. There are three layers Fed, state & local govt and many different types of grants. It can be a complex area. Try your regional tourism officer/s, council, fed/state members, etc. They will want a business plan, $'s, etc and if you get one or more you will have to be able to reconcile the $'s at the completion of the project. They also like to see community consultation and involvement especially councils. It is a process and so many try once then give up, don't. If you can secure a location it will go a long way to sucess, a suburb/town would be a start.

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 8 months ago #33892 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Dreemin out loud
OK
Me dream iz stihl there (started 5 years ago)
thinkingh 100 acres
NO make it a square mile in the lower sth east cnr of Puckapunyal Military Area (me thinx 400 km2 Fed Govt owned)

all in one huge area
museum to include:
Fire Brigade, Ambulance, Police, Emergency services, Bus, Taxi, Train, Plane, Car,
Truck, Tractor, Tow Truck, Steam, Army, Navy, Airforce, etc etc etc

With a reception center, Caravan park, Motel, 24 hour Roadhouse,
Huge carpark for visitors with courtesy busses

U may have to wonder off to the start of thiz thread to take it all in

Wot Sez U

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #33893 by defective
Replied by defective on topic Re: Dreemin out loud
...apparently because Puckapunyal is still deemed to be an active military installation, the place is now considered a huge risk to the general public....hence the reason the military museum there moved to Bandiana a few years ago ??
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by defective.

More
8 years 8 months ago #33894 by Dave01
Replied by Dave01 on topic Re: Dreemin out loud
Having a spot in VIC and a sister truck museum in NSW (Gundagai or thereabouts) would add much to the haulin and crawlin events too I reckon?
Gundaroo Dave

More
8 years 8 months ago #33895 by Debo
Replied by Debo on topic Re: Dreemin out loud
If the site was suitable it could be also used for the annual HCVC display day? :)

More
8 years 8 months ago #33896 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Dreemin out loud
Beamish's yard is nearly a museum now :) :) :)

More
8 years 8 months ago #33897 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Re: Dreemin out loud
Great idea, Swishy. KRW and I had the idea 25 years ago to have a clubrooms with a museum, storage, workshop area, etc. in Melbourne. We now have the clubrooms but nowhere for a museum. Until a couple of years ago, the club did not have enough funds (not enough members) to raise enough money to buy land, even though we looked as far out as Seymour/Puckapunyal.

The club now has the members, so we should try again!

Think about it, it would be free undercover storage for your restored vehicles and cheap storage for others and for parts.

Morris.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds