Skip to main content

Dodge AT4 675

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #3662 by huppypuppy
Dodge AT4 675 was created by huppypuppy
G'day all,

Just a query regarding the Dodge AT4 675 - a friend of the family's has one of the abovementioned Dodges and he uses it to cart hay from the paddock to the shed.... anyway, onto what I want to know: did the AT4 675 have a diesel engine or not? I peered underneath and saw a square or rectangular sump which I assumed might be from a Detroit Diesel 2 stroker - I do stand to be corrected however! Gonna post some photos later - my apologies to you all because they will be fairly small because I had to use the camera on my mobile phone as I didn't have my other camera with me! Then again, maybe not!

Because here below is the AT4 675 in question:

Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by huppypuppy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3663 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Dodge AT4 675
Dont think it would be a Detroit, maybe a Perkins 6-354. Lance our Dodge man should be able to tell you more about it, Cheers Pete

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #3664 by huppypuppy
Replied by huppypuppy on topic Re: Dodge AT4 675
Hi Peter,

I thought it might have been a Perkins but I wasn't sure whether it was or not! I was gonna pop the bonnet up to see but I thought better! The man who owns it is a lucerne grower and uses it as a hay truck! He has another one which I can confirm has a diesel engine - by looking at the exhaust pipe - but I could be wrong again!

Joe
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by huppypuppy.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3665 by kennymopar
Replied by kennymopar on topic Re: Dodge AT4 675
only the perkins 6.354 or the 318-3 V8 was avail in the 600 series AT4s ..some 700 series AT4s had the V8 cummins but most (like mine)had the 361-4 V8 petrol)

they are GR8 trucks !

More
15 years 9 months ago #3666 by huppypuppy

only the perkins 6.354 or the 318-3 V8 was avail in the 600 series AT4s ..some 700 series AT4s had the V8 cummins but most (like mine)had the 361-4 V8 petrol) - they are GR8 trucks !

Kennymopar,

You're not wrong about that! My uncle over in Gulgong has one of the AT4's - not too sure what it is, eg. 675 or 690 - but it has the 6.354 Perkins in it with a 5x2 gearbox/diff setup!

Joe

More
15 years 9 months ago #3667 by Lance
Replied by Lance on topic Re: Dodge AT4 675
Hi There, I think your query has been answered but by way of confirmation I believe the only original equipment diesel was the Perkins 6-354. Petrol engine would be V8 313CID on early models and 318CID on later models.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3668 by huppypuppy

Hi There, I think your query has been answered but by way of confirmation I believe the only original equipment diesel was the Perkins 6-354. Petrol engine would be V8 313CID on early models and 318CID on later models.

Lance,

You guys are deadset legends! I will confirm what you have said when I go out to the property next time! Will look for the engine number which should start with TC if it's a 6-354, according to my Perkins Engine ID brochure!

Joe

More
15 years 9 months ago #3669 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Dodge AT4 675
Just wondering about those Dodge V8 petrol engines. Were they made here or imported?

More
15 years 9 months ago #3670 by huppypuppy
Pete,

I'm not too sure - hoping Lance will come online and answer for ya - but I'm pretty certain they were made here for our markets! The 318 cu. in. V8's were also made for Valiant cars too, from memory!

Joe

More
15 years 9 months ago #3671 by kennymopar
Replied by kennymopar on topic Re: Dodge AT4 675
the early (poly head) 313 were Canadian the 318 poly(poly small blocks were made up until 1967 till the changeover to the "la" series of mopar motors i believe they were usa made...& believe it or not the late 70s 318 truck motors were made in Brazil..(ive got one to prove it!)

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds