Skip to main content

Copy in the Comet?

More
12 years 8 months ago #48786 by Young Fella
Replied by Young Fella on topic Re: Copy in the Comet?
Yes Hayseed, you're right. This is the same truck that is in that other thread. Check out that thread for a copy of the Truckin' Life article about it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #48787 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: Copy in the Comet?
hey Cam
whats is the go with the stack behind the bunk :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? on the 909,or is it a EX bunkers :P
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by melonreo.

More
12 years 8 months ago #48788 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Copy in the Comet?
Don't know why they put it there and not in the usual place Melon, it's a brand new truck, I think it was at Shephards getting side tipper hydraulics.

More
12 years 8 months ago #48789 by star3070
Replied by star3070 on topic Re: Copy in the Comet?
melonreo, is there because of the catalytic converter depending on what the customer orders Kenworth either put the stack behind the bunk or thay drop a fuel tank and put a big box there like you would see on a truck from america with this type set up you dont have as much fuel capacity and you have to watch then in long gress of thay will set it alight as run at well over 1000 degrees celcius and you cant go throw water with them.
about 2 weeks ago a Mate picked me up in a new T659 that has only done a bout 65,000km and has the stack up the back of the bunk he showed me a big crack in the bottem mounting bracket that only had half an inch till it was cracked right throw and and hole cat converter fell on the ground. he then told me the bushes for the supports up the top that come down to the chassis rails have been replaced 8 times and thats why its cracking and the guy he drives for has 3 other trucks doing the same thing. kenworth tell him there is nothing thay can do to change it and he isnt to weld the cracks but thay will when he brings the trucks back for other work and to just keep driving them. so we got in this truck and set off on our way and it started off like being in a car real quiet we got up the road about 40 50 km then it was geting louder and louder and all the lights went out for the converter. so we pull this thing up get out and have a look it had broke the exhaust flexi pipe at the bottem of the cat converter the mounting had broke right throw and the converter was laying up against the cattle crate with the top supports the only thing stoping it falling off the truck so we raing kenworth thay told us just keep driving it.

More
12 years 8 months ago #48790 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: Copy in the Comet?
I had a good look at a new 403, the other day.
It had twin sooters mounted forward of the sleeper.
Its' particle filter was mounted, between the chassis rails,& beneath the sleeper.

But I'd imagine an ISX @485 would use a smaller filter/converter, Than the big SIG. in that 909

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
12 years 7 months ago #48791 by R.Buron
Replied by R.Buron on topic Re: Copy in the Comet?
Concerning Hawthorn Taxi Truck on which I have given some informations in a previous post on page one,I got other informations in revisiting my TNT documentation.As I have written the overnight express operations was integrated into Comet but the local cartage operations in Sydney,Melbourne and Adelaide was rebranded TNT Taxi Trucks using contract carriers and eventually was brought into Kwikasair in 1983.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 7 months ago #48792 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Copy in the Comet?

While on the subject of overnighterz

Wot ever become of Muscats

Rumor haz it...... he'd give the Kwikasairz a run for there money
LOL
Cya
[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 7 months ago #48793 by craigs
Replied by craigs on topic Re: Copy in the Comet?
Ron
I can remember as a kid one of the IPEC drivers {Frank} got into trouble as he and the Comet, KAA and Hawthorn drivers were swapping freight in Melbourne. They would only have to do one block of the city each but someone delivered the wrong parcel with the wrong paperwork. Mid to late 60's I think. Smart though!!!

Craig

More
12 years 6 months ago #48794 by Young Fella
Replied by Young Fella on topic Re: Copy in the Comet?
Richie put a couple of similar photos in the 'Old Kwikasair SAR's' thread, but these are Comet jiggers so I've put them in the Comet thread.
Sorry Werkhorse, I don't know the fleet numbers for these.

12 years 6 months ago #48795 by
Replied by on topic Re: Copy in the Comet?
g'day all note the temporary muffler and stand on the new cabover TNT , i guess going through pre-delivery.

cheers.

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds