Skip to main content

Bogie drive two speed diffs

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #67258 by q4016lanz
Hi first go at scaning This is the type of diff in my RFW :) :)

:) :)
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by q4016lanz.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #67259 by truckit
Well there you go, learning something every day on this forum, was not aware that there was any two or three speed bogie diffs, I have only known them to be two speed in single drive.
Charlie

D.H.B.&&Doing His Best

More
12 years 5 months ago #67260 by q4016lanz
Here is some more on eaton 2 and 3 speed on tandem drive

:) :)John

More
12 years 5 months ago #67261 by BK
Replied by BK on topic Re: Bogie drive two speed diffs

Well there you go, learning something every day on this forum, was not aware that there was any two or three speed bogie diffs, I have only known them to be two speed in single drive.
Charlie

You're not alone there, I knew about the 2 speed, but not the 3. ::)

Trust me

More
12 years 5 months ago #67262 by Chocs
C'mon you blokes..
3 speed diffs are in every other truck...
low , high and neutralised :D :D :D

Good thread!!

thanks
chocs 8-)

More
12 years 5 months ago #67263 by atkipete
Good point Chocs, and I used to find neutral on a regular basis. :'( :'(

More
12 years 5 months ago #67264 by bparo
I still do! but only on hills, where 2 lanes close to one or other similarly "convenient" spots :)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
12 years 3 months ago #67265 by youngmack
hey guys dad had a jcr isuzu water truck about 10 years ago it had a 2 speed diff in it although i seem to remember him cutting the switch off and when i asked him why i got alot of swearing but i managed to get it out of him that his drivers had blown the diff twice in two years so he fixed it locked the diff in high range and cut the switch off haha

More
12 years 3 months ago #67266 by Fuller-Vit

All

Does anyone remember what model trucks that used 2 speed Eaton diffs in their bogie drive options.

The ones I'm talking about were set up in a fashion that it was recommended (by the manafacturer) to split the diffs separatly so as to gain 3 different diff ratios.

I recall such beasts - where the 'diff changing' instructions (plate on dash) engouraged the following process.

Set both diffs in low range, move off and then change one into high range, and then the other up to high. Do a stick shift, and drop both back to low range - and repeat the above process.

I think the vehicle I saw this in was an IH Loadstar.

Anyone else remember these?

Oldfulla :(

I remember that sort of set up. I drove a 6v92 powered dodge back in the land of the long white cloud many years back now that had that eaton set up. 6v92t with a 13 speed rr and the eaton 2 button set up. That thing went quicker than grease through a goose and with everything in low it would pull the bend out of a river. With all those ratios to swap and the sweet sound of the green leaker bellowin in your ears it sure made for a fun day at work. ;) ;) ;) ;)

In the beginning God created Seddon and ERF

More
12 years 3 months ago #67267 by ErgoMike
I remember Horton Bidwell in ChCh NZ had a 6 wheel TK with twin black Eaton switchs that changed separately.
It drove well and they had it for quite a few years.
Its the only one I have ever seen though.

Time to create page: 0.605 seconds