Replied by elgindale on topic Re: What about volvos
gravel
clay
See how versitile a Volvo is !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #67444 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: What about volvos
What a usefull little truck. :). See Swishy They can do a decent days work ,with a good load in the back of them .

Keep them coming boys , Show that Kenworth Klown what Volvos can do :P.

More
12 years 5 months ago #67445 by greenie
Replied by greenie on topic Re: What about volvos
Hey Swishy, looky here, it's doin' some hard yakka.

This belongs to Heavy Haulage Australia, Qld division, this comany is now starting to spread it's wings.

www.hhagroup.net/

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
12 years 5 months ago #67446 by oyamum
Replied by oyamum on topic Re: What about volvos
dont worry about the volvo, mate i love the little fm9 i drive so smooth and comfy it rides better than my car and compared to the old t650 i used to drive this thing is brilliant

More
12 years 5 months ago #67447 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: What about volvos
Your game putting a pic of the Tilt Tray up, everyone will be asking you for favours. LOL.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #67448 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: What about volvos
I just noticed the sign behind it - you had better be careful where you leave it you may get fined ;D

PS I thought I had better get in before Mr Swishy saw it - no harm intended the opportunity was too good to miss regardless of brand

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by bparo.

More
12 years 5 months ago #67449 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Re: What about volvos
I think the Kenworth/Mack guys, with their hearing aids, back braces and ulcers, comments on Volvos are a bit like two of you on a trip checking in to a motel.

As you lay down on your comfortable bed they would say "Not for me, beds are for p...tas, real men sleep on a tarp in the carpark".

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 5 months ago #67450 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: What about volvos

Lang M80
My personal thorts of Volvo R well documented

Hitler wanted to conquere the world n run it his way
now Volvo want 2 do the same
they have ruind good truck names Mack, White

So th@ is the reason I dod not like Volvo

But we like to joke about m
LOL

;D

What's the difference between a hedgehog and a Volvo?
With a hedgehog the pricks are on the outside

:P

An old guy in his Volvo is driving home from work when his wife rings him on his carphone.
"Honey", she says in a worried voice, "Be careful! There was a bit on the news just now, some lunatic is driving the wrong way down the freeway".
"It's worse than that!", he replies, "There are hundreds of them!"

:D

Funny jokes-Volvo for Dummies
Volvo has unveiled an auto designed by dummies for dummies called the YCC, 'Your Concept Car.' Among its cutting-edge dummmi features:
-- Turn signals that are able to change their mind at the last minute.
-- An OnStar satellite tracking system that can locate, on command, all retail outlets within 500 miles
-- Permanent press fenders.
-- A dashboard voice console that's programmed to ask strangers for directions.
-- Side mirrors that make the driver appear slimmer than they actually are.

8-)

An eight year old boy is walking down the road one day when a car pulls over next to him.

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #67451 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Re: What about volvos
Swishy,

I have to agree with you about Volvo cars and the people who buy them (who in the world would choose a car for the sole reason they intend to crash it?). They are certainly safe, solid and reliable but totally lacking in style, class or charisma - except maybe the P1800 sports of the 60's.

The trucks on the other hand almost single handedly destroyed the British truck industry in the 60's by bringing in something that was not still living in the 30's, was a delight to drive, had a liveable cab (heat and noise)was fast, easy to service etc.

The American trucks just kept sticking more and more power in ancient basic platforms and only now are competing in the driver friendly stakes with the addition of modern technology (much of it well after the European trucks)

I think it is sad that well known companies of any make disappear or are bastardised by the company which takes them over. Isn't there a Renault finger in the Mack pie, not just Volvo?

If Mack were selling enough trucks by meeting customer's expectations and marketing properly they would still be here (and probably own Volvo)

If BMW or Honda took over Harley Davidson there would be people all over the world drowning themselves in Jim Beam or driving off the Grand Canyon regardless of the fact BMW only had to put one BMW bolt anywhere on a Harley to produce a better bike.

There are very few bad trucks or cars for that matter in this day and age - a bit like beer. The current worst, most miserable third world people carrier would shine in an unbiased test against a similar style car of any brand of the 60's.

It all boils down to Holden versus Ford or Collingwood versus Carlton. And long may they live!
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Lang.

More
12 years 5 months ago #67452 by greenie
Replied by greenie on topic Re: What about volvos

Swishy,

I think it is sad that well known companies of any make disappear or are bastardised by the company which takes them over. Isn't there a Renault finger in the Mack pie, not just Volvo?

Hi Lang, your right about the 'poodle' raping the dog, bloody shame the 'frogs' ever got their grubby fingers into that lot.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds