Skip to main content

tri axle c1600 international????

More
12 years 3 months ago #73634 by v8 inter nut
came across this today anyone seen anythink like it before? the back to axles are lazys

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #73635 by elgindale
Only this acco

More
12 years 3 months ago #73636 by Bruce99
Looks a bit like the 3rd one is just chained up?
Might be a spare he's bringing home from the wreckers??
:D :D

***********&&---Bruce99---&&***********

More
12 years 3 months ago #73637 by tonym
Geez, and to think! I only carry spare points, fuses and maybe a new spark plug just in case.
He carries a spare diff, hubs, bearings... Etc..
Might have to upgrade my glovebox.

If you can't afford a Dodge

More
12 years 3 months ago #73638 by Lang
Wonder why we don't see more of this here. Everywhere you go in Europe you see trucks with the third (and even second axle) tucked up and only lowered when the load required it. Buses also with their pusher raised.

This Inter obviously has a simple but effective method of using the truck jack to lift the axle (or driving on to a log) and slipping the chains over hooks. The fancy way is to have hydraulic lift or use the airbags.

Saw a new Volvo tipper yesterday with a lifted axle.

Lang

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #73639 by
I don't see what this bloke is trying to achieve, with a tandem, and a 3rd lift axle as well, behind it, on a C1600.
A C1600 has a GVM of 16,000 lbs (7259 kgs) .. and even if the owner had it re-rated to a higher GVM .. there's still no way he could get the total loading of 25.5 tonnes on the rear axles (16.5 tonne on the bogie and 9 tonne on the lift axle) that this combination is capable of .. on a truck chassis that's originally rated at a little over 7 tonnes total?? :-?

More
12 years 3 months ago #73640 by hayseed
I'm with you Ron.

WTF was He on :o :-/

It'd be strictly highway use only!! The first gutter/kerb he came to, he'd be sitting & spinning :D

Besides, If he did load it up, It'd be under powered to buggery :'(

Looks like someone had tooo much time on their hands ::)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
12 years 3 months ago #73641 by jeffo
The first lazy looks like a BPW setup, but the last one is a bit home made.
Judging by the brake drums it would only be on single tyres, probably an old front axle.
It would be interesting to hear its story.

More
12 years 3 months ago #73642 by ct7scott
this reminds me of our at4 560 in the 80's. Dad hated the "rock and roll" of what was otherwise a fantastic truck, reckons he had no skin on his right elbow where it dragged in the paddock. Every morning before work (wheat carting) he would grease the accelertor pedal linkage so when it lurched he could use the counter torque of the 313 to stand it back up! Then one day he found a front axle with springs and hangers at a clearing sale, he welded up the king pins and welded the hangers directly to the chassis as his lazy axle. worked a treat for many years, until this one day when the RTA pulled him up. Aperantly they had a sense of humour failure when they crawled under the truck and found all those "cocky welds"

At4 560 313&&At4 129 225&&HR

More
12 years 3 months ago #73643 by Lang
Maybe he had a field bin the size of the one on the tri-axle ACCO and didn't need more than first or second gear to get around the paddock but needed something to stop the back wheels scraping under the tray when fully loaded?

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds