Skip to main content

tri axle c1600 international????

More
10 years 10 months ago #73654 by Debo
Excellent work V8 Internut, it's good to see not only original examples of our transport history restored and preserved but also the ingenious and at times necessary modifications that were made. I'm sure she'll look right at home in your shed but I think you'll need to give her more than just a drench ;D ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #73655 by atkipete
There were two lazy axle version of the 160 ( the AAT162 and the AAT164) offered by Inters in their day. These used the "tandam trac" rear suspension and allowed a GVM of up to 32,000lbs . This isnt a tandam trac , looks like a home made conversion.

10 years 10 months ago #73656 by
TRI TRAYS
first saw one in philippines about 5 yrs ago was a factory boggie with a lazy then another lazy was fitted looked quite ok till i had a drive :o
last week i was again in phil for my father in laws funeral he was an old truckie after the dragon arranged for a trip to another island parked on the pier was a twin steer tri tray so being an old sticky beek i had to have a look it was only a single drive with 2 lazys the tray was about 36 ft long watched them load it 18 pallets of cement on the tray then another12 on top for a 30 tonn payload ::) having a chat to the driver told me ohhhh its only a light load today normally they double up for a 40 tonn pay load then hemad me the bigg offer hey aussie u wannadrive well i cannot resisit in having a go :o it was the biggest heap of junk i everdrove only a 6 speed box had to ride the clutch to get her roling was a slight drizzle im thinking this will be ok till i slowed down for a roundabout touched the brakes then the fun started it went around 3 times full 360ssssssssss before i can get it stopped the driver sitting beside me in the passenger seat never turned a hair told me oh only 3 times not bad first time i did that was 5 times :o :o :o then he told me he only gets about 25 aus dollars a day to drive that death trap then he said oh when u get used to the truck its great fun to drive :D :D :D i decide it was easy to walk back to the hotel only 5 kkkkkkssssss took me that long to calm down get my shakes under control i think i spilted half of my first beer 2 hours later and i normally dont drink even now im home i still have nightmares :o :o :o might give up driving trucks :-[ :-[ :-[

More
10 years 10 months ago #73657 by asw120
I realise this is O/T so will keep it short. I had a D1110 about 5 years ago. I thought the shimmy was bad (after hitting a pothole at speed, every time). No, Good ole Philippines Jeepney my wife's uncle borrowed to drive us somewhere.
Anything over 20 K's an hour I kid you not! Full-blown oscillating, tie-rod whipping wheel shimmy. He had to COMPLETELY stop to "reset" the shimmy!
(end O/T)
ASW.
(moderators; please delete if you feel necessary)

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
10 years 10 months ago #73658 by modela2010
She is an interesting bit of gear V8. Might have to come over for a look. So when are you picking her up???

More
10 years 10 months ago #73659 by v8 inter nut
She be home by Wednesday night Jon this one is only 20ks from home I could nearly push it

More
10 years 10 months ago #73660 by modela2010
Push it??? I would like to see that. ;) ;)

More
10 years 10 months ago #73661 by waynestr
He didn't say what he was going to push it with.

More
10 years 10 months ago #73662 by D40Inter
Is it home yet Andy??

More
10 years 10 months ago #73663 by v8 inter nut
>:( nah the bloke couldnt get back in time. Brian had the t600 in town and ready too :'( it will have to wait till another day! Wont matter much as it hasnt been anywhere in the last 15 years ;)

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds