Skip to main content

Truckin about the district

11 years 1 month ago #75556 by
Replied by on topic Re: Truckin about the district
Yes its a 1969 W-model and is proudly owned/operated by John "Pushrod",a absolute gentlemen..... Always open for a chat about his pride and joy.Why would you wanna do Brisbane-Sydney 2 or 3 times a week in European comfort (Volvo/Scania) when you can do it in a 1969 Kenworth!!!! Cheers James.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #75557 by rickt908
The below message is from my house mate and the owner of the 1969 W Model above :)

the truck in the above photograph is a 1969 w model kenworth bought by myself in 1980.since i have owned the truck i have covered 7 million plus it has had 4 out of chassis rebuilds and 1in chassis, the gearbox has only been checked and is ok. the diff ratios were 5.7 ratio i had it changed it to 4.11.the reason for the name PUSHROD came about after doing 13 pushrods in 12 trips when i first bought it hence the name. still the original block and gearbox and diffs every else is original except for the air cleaners and the sleeper.

More
11 years 1 month ago #75558 by knighty
thanks rick and pushrod, reckoned the KW looked a bit different,then saw the plates, what's the power plant????.. jk.

Lotsa Big Toys

More
11 years 1 month ago #75559 by knighty
Had a good day out with the Golden Oldies truck club on a mystery tour of a couple of venues, a type of museum and a cockys place both at Gilgandra.. cunnin 'woulda loved it.. heres a couple, one of a few of the big rigs and mondela's ute in the dust, a few more tomorra...jk

i've never seen a load sharing suspension like this one...jk

Lotsa Big Toys

More
11 years 1 month ago #75560 by rickt908
350 small cam Cummins.

More
11 years 1 month ago #75561 by Bruce99
That was John's (RIP) 'recovery truck'.
Was used to shuttle trailers around the yard, onto the wash down pad & attended several accidents of various types doing trailer and load recovery work.
I doubt if Mark will ever see it driven away!!

***********&&---Bruce99---&&***********

More
11 years 1 month ago #75562 by ozgraeme

took this one in tamworth ta other day, seen it some where before ,what's the history?,

not many 69 models still runni'n...jk.

Good to see your still out there with the old girl John (sold mine), is that young fella still running the sar with 892? got any photo's?

More
11 years 1 month ago #75563 by Tired Iron
Thanks Knighty
Fine line up of old bangas. First truck I ever rode in as a kid was a Perkins AB182-overloaded to hell I'm sure with grain. It was red! That red AB next to it with the white top reminds me of a 184 they later got, and was unfortunately written off.
The C Line restos are just great and a real credit to the guys doing them, but my sentimental favourite is always the ABs!
Can remember a few Fords, but smaller brothers to that one. And the screama on the end? Need I say more?
Cheers
:) :) :) :) :) :)

More
11 years 1 month ago #75564 by grandad
That load sharing suspension could be a Truxmore third axle conversion, think it was made by Truckstell

More
11 years 1 month ago #75565 by grandad
My mistake, I should have said a 'Trucktor' third axle conversion

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds