Skip to main content

Truckin about the district

More
10 years 11 months ago #75616 by Mairjimmy
Bit wet up here around Hillston theses trucks are waiting to get back on the cotton

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #75617 by Tired Iron
V8 Inter
In case nobody'd noticed I'm a bit partial to old ABs, and that green one is no exception.
They were the first "big" truck I ever noticed as a kid. All the others didn't count.Ok apart from some old frauliens, the Qld Shell Scammell or whatever it was-it was Pommy, a body truck with a dog and just didn't count. Not to a kid then anyway. Then they got the Kenworth(s) -that turned my head a bit too. And there might have been a few others as well!
I spent a bit of time around ABs, and after many years I revived an AA and then an ACCO-but ABs to me were International. Never managed an AB though.
What colour you going to paint it?
Red with a white lid (inc air cleaner top) would be good, like that screamer Dodge, but it's your truck!
Are those tanks original, never mind the dent?
Yep, that air cleaner is cool.
If it's half as good a resto as yr last one it will be a bloody good job,.
Good luck with it, and look forward to the story and pics.
Cheers
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

More
10 years 11 months ago #75618 by bparo
I think jblair still has his AB151 that he is trying to find a new home for. Is that a bit small for what you want?

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
10 years 11 months ago #75619 by v8 inter nut
Still working on getting it home, she will be left in working clothes for a while mate. I wasnt aware of how little of these there is out there. She should be back in the next week or so and I will get somemore pics for all to look at :) :)

More
10 years 11 months ago #75620 by Tired Iron
Thanks BParo
For numerous reasons, I'm only a looker nowadays. Never mind shed space or where my bloody toolbox has gone, I don't even live in God's country anymore, and my old mate drives my classic Pommy sports car too!
I think he's got a repreive on his AB anyway-hope so.
Cheers
:) :) :) :) :) :)
God is great, beer is good, people are crazy

10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #75621 by
Replied by on topic Re: Truckin about the district
...just as a bit of a long shot v8 inter nut....see if you can contact Harold Pope in Wellington (not too far from you) as he operated a couple of these AB's and a similar Dodge on interstate (Perth?) way back in the mid 60's before going on to buy a second hand Peterbilt cabover bogie....

...he went under the name of ''Spanners Transport'' with the Pete....hope all that may be of some help for any possible history.....cheers mate

More
10 years 11 months ago #75622 by knighty
Those two KW s, post 270 are owned by les douglas from harden, seen em around here a bit, the w model originally had a 92, and was replaced with a series 60...jk

Lotsa Big Toys

More
10 years 11 months ago #75623 by knighty
here's a nice ole SAR i spied ta other day...jk
[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

Lotsa Big Toys

More
10 years 11 months ago #75624 by Coupeute
I spent a lot of time in an AB180 rigid carting spuds as a kid. Big petrol & a 2 speed diff. That truck was the one that took my Dads life. It now sits under trees just west of Robertson Rail crossing.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
10 years 11 months ago #75625 by BK
Replied by BK on topic Re: Truckin about the district
ab184, not for guys who like to do racing gear changes, you wonder if the cummins is ever going to slow down enough, need a jake. ::)

Trust me

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds