Skip to main content

OLDEST TRUCK IN AUSTRALIA ?

More
11 years 8 months ago #92923 by HORNSBY-AKROYD
Hi There,
Has anyone got any information about what is the oldest truck in Australia, all suggestions gratefully received, i am on a mission to find and photograph the oldest truck.
Please send in, the make and year of construction, and location, and we will keep this question going on the forum until we uncover the oldest Truck.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #92924 by HORNSBY-AKROYD
IT'S GOING TO BE DIFFICULT TO PHOTGRAPH ONE THATS HAD A BOAT RIDE, THE OLDEST TRUCK IN AUSTRALIA MUST BE ALIVE AND WELL, STILL RESIDING HERE.

More
11 years 8 months ago #92925 by bparo
I know of a 1912 Thornycroft that turns up at Sandown bit there is probably something older around. Now to find the photo

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

11 years 8 months ago #92926 by
Replied by on topic Re: OLDEST TRUCK IN AUSTRALIA ?
Another old one but don't know the year it was made are the Caldwell vale trucks. Which I think are two still around. Caldwell vale existed from 1907 to 1916

11 years 8 months ago #92927 by
In the latest vtc magazine is an article about a 1912 Albion A10

More
11 years 8 months ago #92928 by hayseed

In the latest vtc magazine is an article about a 1912 Albion A10

I'm pretty sure that, It was at Dubbo, Jarrod..

Just trying to find a Photo............

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #92929 by Beaver

Another old one but don't know the year it was made are the Caldwell vale trucks. Which I think are two still around. Caldwell vale existed from 1907 to 1916

Gilltrap's Auto Museum on the Gold Coast used to have a couple of these, anyone know what happened to them ?? He claimed they were 1910 or 1912 models (depending on which page of the guide book you read)

Beaver@ Museum of Fire
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Beaver.

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #92930 by
albion the alert to see if a bit more traffic occurs on this thread .. sterling work HORNSBY.... and doing the forum a fine service...we'll mack sure that this is a superior place to transit to you all the available info, and a ford you the acme of your endeavours... 8-) 8-) 8-)

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 8 months ago #92931 by Swishy

piccies 4 U

This photo taken in 1910 is of a Caldwell Vale Rough Terrain Road Tractor loaded up with bales of wool. These big transporters had a top speed of six miles per hour.

1910 photo of the 80 hp Caldwell Vale in action. Note the four wheel steer, also the additional cooling tank mounted on the rear of the tractor, suggesting that the front radiator alone was insufficient to maintain a normal working temperature for the engine

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
11 years 8 months ago #92932 by HORNSBY-AKROYD
HI ALL,
WHAT CAN I SAY, SWISHY, HAS PROVIDED FANTASTIC , HISTORIC PHOTOGRAPHS, OF WHAT IS UNDOUBTEDLY AUSTRALIA'S OLDEST TRUCK, THE 1910 CALDWELL VALE TRUCK/TRACTOR BUILT IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
I HAVE PERSONALLY SEEN THE ONE IN QUEENSLAND, RESCUED AND RESTORED BY ONE OF AUSTRALIA'S GREATEST HISTORIANS , COLLECTORS AND RESTORERS, AND A GREAT BLOKE, REG SCHUSTER.
REG'S COLLECTION IS WORLD CLASS, AND HIS CONTRIBUTION TO THE PRESERVATION OF HISTORIC MACHINERY IS EXEMPLARY, AND THIS HUGE MACHINE IS A FINE EXAMPLE OF AUSTRALIAN MANUFACTURING INGENUITY.
BUT IT IS NOT THE OLDEST TRUCK IN AUSTRALIA, AND THANKS TO SWISHY WE ARE NOW RESTRICTED TO STILL EXISTING IN AUSTRALIA, TRUCKS BUILT IN 1910 OR EARLIER, THE SEARCH CONTINUES, WHO HAS AUSTRALIA'S OLDEST TRUCK , WHAT BRAND IS IT, AND WHERE IS IT LOCATED ????

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds