Skip to main content

Linn Truck

More
14 years 11 months ago #9151 by Rusty Engines
Linn Truck was created by Rusty Engines
Hi All
here is some pictures that I have hade for years of a Linn truck working up here many years ago (North Queensland)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #9152 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Re: Linn Truck
Hello, Would that be the one now at Jondaryan? I have a book on logging in America and similar units had ski runners under the front for winter use. Regards David.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 11 months ago #9153 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Linn Truck

RustE
GuddayM8

Gr8 Pix
Keep m cummin

Here B Sum shots I took of the ol Hoon from the Melbourne Tank Museum

img95.imageshack.us/img95/7117/linnc5flextrack1yk.jpg

8-)

img505.imageshack.us/img505/7053/linn6ww.jpg

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 10 months ago #9154 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Linn Truck
Ht Swishy, I thought I read somewhere that it's the only restored one in the world.By the look of it ,he's done a good job on it.ian.

14 years 10 months ago #9155 by
Replied by on topic Re: Linn Truck
I think the one in the picture from Rusty would be more of the vintage of Tony B's in Qld. Might even be the one in the photo! As Wouldyou has mentioned it is a regular at Jondaryan. Here is a Photo I took while at Jondaryan a couple of years ago.

Certainly with the extra weight on the back it is an amazingly powerful machine. And was also amazing to see its ability of working in the rough. One demo that I have seen was it driving in and out of a dry creek. On exit the front wheels weren't even touching the ground!

The biggest problem is steering it especially in tight situations as it tends to drive in straight lines. As unlike the Tank museums version which is normally front wheel drive except when the tracks are lowered and engaged (then front and rear driven). Tony's is only powered via the tracks the front wheels only steer.

Enjoy!

More
14 years 10 months ago #9156 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Linn Truck
You would want to hope those chains were awful tight if you were going down steep hills .Logs look like the driver would be using them as a back rest as it is.My dad use to chain round the front of the logs and back to the bolster with flooded gum logs in steep country.ian.

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds