Skip to main content

What model is it? For all u Deutz experts

More
12 years 3 months ago #71340 by kel deutz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #71341 by
Kel - It's a Deutz-Fahr DX series (DX 6.XX or DX 8.XX model?) that has had wheel and tyre modifications to even-size wheels and tyres, back and front.
It appears the owner has changed the axles (and gearing) to accommodate the wheel and tyre size change.

These tractors came out with smaller front wheels than rear. The current Deutz-Fahr Agrotrons have even-size wheels and tyres all-round.

www.tractorpool.co.uk/schnellsuche/keywo...t/DESC/sortby/score/

www.tractorpool.co.uk/details/Tractors/D...rotron-1807/1534568/

More
12 years 3 months ago #71342 by kel deutz
Hi One track your thought with the front wheel drive alteration is partly right. Heres some photos during process.

More
12 years 3 months ago #71343 by kel deutz
It was a Case 1200 Traction King -8 speed gear box. Removed the Case engine -rebuilt both diffs, rebushed final drive pivot points, replaced all oil seals. Bought a DX10 cabin, used DX140 nose cone. Lenghten the bonnet and side panels. Engine is BF6L 913 Deutz and used the Case fly wheel -bolted to the Deutz fly wheel. Made the bell housing adaptor in the lathe. Lifted the engine in with front end loader. Used this tractor for seeding for over 8 years.

More
12 years 3 months ago #71344 by kel deutz

The orange one is the orginal Case engine, the other motor is a V614 Deutz ex Ansair Clipper bus motor.

More
12 years 3 months ago #71345 by kel deutz
Chassis assembled & painted.

Cabin adapted to chassis

[IMG] Bell housing in the lathe http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae309/pamstringer/KRHomemadeCaseDeutztrac_0006.jpg[/img]

Engine being mounted

Engine and steering hydrostatic motor from a 2470 Case

[IMG] This is the tractor and the wideline used for seeding http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae309/pamstringer/KRHomemadeCaseDeutztrac_0010.jpg[/img]

More
12 years 3 months ago #71346 by kel deutz

This photo missed its segment -this is the bell housing in the lathe that I made.

More
12 years 3 months ago #71347 by kel deutz
The Tractor hooked up the seeding implements

More
12 years 3 months ago #71348 by wouldyou
kel deutz,interesting project and pics, must have needed a lot of enthusiasm to get to completion. Cheers, David.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #71349 by
Kel, you certainly threw me on that one! I gotta ask, though .. why?? :-?

Was it because you really wanted a new Deutz, but couldn't afford/justify one?
Was it because the Deutzes have a poor 4WD system with their big wheels/little wheels setup?
Was it because Case engines have a tendency to "throw a leg out of bed"?

Or was it just because you felt like making something a little different?

That must have been one mind-boggling project. It's enough of a job to fully rebuild a worn-out machine .. but to build a tractor up with a dozen different major components, would provide enough headaches to last you for a number of years, I'd imagine.

I seem to recall that locally, a number of those Case tractors had quite a few CV joint problems. Was this because of misuse/abuse, or were they the weak part of the Cases?

Those Cases had some mind-boggling abilities with their all wheel steer, crab-steer, or conventional steer system.

Cheers - Ron.

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds