Skip to main content

What model is it? For all u Deutz experts

12 years 3 months ago #71350 by
G'Day Kelvin

Its good to see more pics from 'Deutz Alley' in Mundoora.

Thats a lot of work that went into the tractor, and all because you wanted Deutz Air-Cooled power :) :)

Very impressive looking piece of farming kit.

I dont know much about tractors, but I know that one looks RIGHT !!

Cheers
RS :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #71351 by Tacho
G'day Kel,
When you told me about re-powering a Case 1200 with a Deutz motor at the Waikerie rally I assumed it was just an engine transplant.

To see the effort and super skill involved in what you have achieved is mind boggling, and it looks pretty neat as well! Is this the tractor version of "hot-rodding"?

I'm planning to spend a bit of beach leisure time up your way in February, so hope to catch up then.

Cheers Geoff

More
12 years 3 months ago #71352 by kel deutz
One track yes you are right I couldnt justify a new tractor.

Roland definately had to be air cooled.

G'day Geoff it took a couple of years of spare time -when u come I can show u some other mind boggling other things. Deutz powered / Bedford self propelled spray unit

More
12 years 3 months ago #71353 by Acar DC7564
Gday Kel , great to see some of your work there mate and dont be surprised if you get a car load of us southerners rock up one day for an in depth tour of Deutz Alley ! I dont know if this Tacho bloke will call in on his beach holiday coz I heard he goes to a spot south of the big smoke . Keep up the good work Kel and I rekond we might see you on the YP run . Rob

1950 White superpower WC18R&&1966 Autocar DC7564rhd&&1980 White Road Boss &&

12 years 3 months ago #71354 by
Hey Kel lets some pics of your Deutz powered / Bedford self spray unit I reckon they could pretty cool. ;DDave

More
12 years 2 months ago #71355 by kel deutz

A mate of my has Case Tractors so I ground off the Case wording off it and cut Deutz out of a piece of plastic and filled it with body filler.

This is the end result - its looks genuine

Deadly Dave this is the Bedford -spray unit -self propelled with a Deutz 6L912 out of 8006 tractor.

This is as I use it now.

More
12 years 1 week ago #71356 by dutzman2
Hey all
I just came across this interesting thread and had to register.

Wow, kel deutz, that's quite something.
I would not believe it, if there wouldn't be pictures.
Very impressive and not to mention about those countless hours.
Love your sprayer too. What kind of truck was that ?
I assume the F6L912 was already in there, but do you know what transmission and what bell housing was used ?
I am glad, there are more Deutz crazy people on this planet.

Cheers from the other side!

More
12 years 6 days ago #71357 by kel deutz
The truck is a cab over -S model Bedford 4x4 300 cubic inch as the photo shows of the white truck above.
I fitted the 912 motor -made the bell housing with an orginal 4 speed Bedford gear box plus transfer case.
Great to hear of another special Deutz person - where abouts are u?
See u Kel

More
12 years 6 days ago #71358 by dutzman2
I am from Ontario Canada. We run several Deutz DX's, 06's, a 5 cyl 912 in my Tree Farmer skidder and a 3 cyl 912 in my trencher. I love those air cooled german bangers and allways had good luck with them.
What i really want, is putting a 6 cyl 912 in a pickup truck. Apparently a lot of guys in Argentina have done it, but not too many up my way. So i am still looking for the right connection and i am sure ,it will come some day. If I had your skills ,I would put a V8 or V10 in one of those old articulated ones and and and .........
and by the time I am done with it , I'll have no more use for it. ha ha ha
I am still amazed, what you did with that old Case.

More
12 years 5 days ago - 12 years 5 days ago #71359 by Mairjimmy
G/Day kel deutz,
I was hopeing that Case was not a 1200 Tracton King because they are very very scarce :'( :'( :'( :'(any of the later ones fair enough.But I suppose you just made the rest of them worth more.
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
Last edit: 12 years 5 days ago by Mairjimmy.

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds