Skip to main content

club rego questions

9 years 7 months ago #148064 by
Replied by on topic Re: club rego questions
I didn't indicate that it was just about speed! That was an example only.

I indicated:-

"But in Victoria the club permit scheme is for all vehicles that comply with the age restrictions. After that the restrictions are based on the equipment provided on the vehicle and the type of vehicle on the permit. "

This means that any vehicles on the club permit has to comply with all the conditions that the class of vehicle has. As well as the permit conditions of load and use.

The point that you make is correct. You have full registration with certain conditions. We have club permit with certain conditions plus any extra conditions based on the class of vehicle there is no difference!

I contacted Vicroads some time back and the advice I received was in summary :-

"The Oversize agricultural vehicle information bulletin and the conditional registration section on the VicRoads website provide information as to what roads you can operate your tractor on. "

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #148065 by
Slospeed haven't you ever heard of a very brief summary? Yes it was very broad in its claims! I further think that you and any one else that is considering getting a vehicle on club permits or any other scheme should investigate the situation fully with the applicable agency or club!

In this case you should refer to the vicroads web site for full definition of what can be placed on the club permit scheme www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/lim...eme/car-club-permits :-
"Vehicle eligibility

A club permit can be issued to the following vehicles in the following categories.

Veteran vehicles

More
9 years 7 months ago #148066 by geoffb

More
9 years 7 months ago #148067 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: club rego questions
Agbikes were/are not registerable as they do not meet ADR's. In most states conditional registration (of which historic is one version) allows you to operate a vehicle which does not meet ADR's.
Tiz ironic that in NSW Trevor's latest project would be refused eligibilty for historic rego due to the significant modifications. The bigger brakes would get by as they are a safety improvement.

More
9 years 7 months ago #148068 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic Re: club rego questions
Trevor, can I ask what class of rego your tractors are under?

I'm having trouble digesting all of the trouble you've had. Here in Qld, and I know we're a bit backwards, you can register a tractor with conditional rego and get full unrestricted access to our road network, however one has to jump through hoops to get rego for a bobcat that only requires unloading on a roadway. Basically, conditional rego here is for anything that is not a car, motorbike or heavy vehicle. Then we have the SIV scheme which is club rego.

I'm just wondering if your tractors are registered as non ADR compliant vehicles which, therefore, have massive restrictions imposed and who chooses what condition codes you have to operate under? Is it the operator or the pen pusher at the transport dept?

More
9 years 7 months ago #148069 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: club rego questions
I took the machinery pack to VicRoads, paid my truck renewal and said I found these forms on your website what do I need to do to register a tractor?
They asked me some questions which I answered honestly and accurately, filled out forms they gave me, paid the fees and walked out with the plates.

Yes there are some restrictions but none that impact my intended use (eg I can't go over 25kmh due to the 2 wheel brakes but the Fergie is flat out at 16kmh. I can't drive on freeways but the nearest freeway is 100km away etc).

I have read the letter sent to clubs about the proposed changes to the club permit scheme. It will be interesting to see how VicRoads classify vehicles such as Slospeed's 1944 under the new system. The rules being publicized at the moment apply to light vehicles so if the 1944 was rated or rerated at under 4.5 tonnes. If it was stock it would be CH or H plates, now depending on the allowed modifications under VSI 33 it may be M for modified plates or as it is pre 1948 they may consider it a street rod and put it on SR plates.
Regardless of the plates it will need a roadworthy as it is not pre 1931.

Of course if VicRoads wish to be difficult they may refuse to put it on a permit as it doesn't fit one of their defined categories. I hope this is not the case.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
9 years 7 months ago #148070 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: club rego questions
When I put the trailer on permit at Bundoora the office wasn't aware that a trailer could be permit or other types of vehicles eg tractors

More
9 years 7 months ago #148071 by stevejr
Replied by stevejr on topic Re: club rego questions

Heavy vehicles over 4.5 tonnes gross vehicle mass (GVM) registered under the Special Interest Vehicle Scheme are permitted to carry a load provided the loaded GVM or gross combination mass (GCM) does not exceed 50% of the maximum permitted mass for the vehicle configuration. This mass is based on the lesser of:

1 Individual Axle ratings;

2 Tyre Manufacturers limits;

3 Manufacturers GVM or GCM;

4 Regulation Mass Limits.

## The load carried must be in relation to or part of the reason for the vehicles use under the Special Interest Vehicle Scheme.

OK so if front axle rated at 6000kg
Hope we don't have to be 50% of that
may have to take the donk out, I'm sure the ol' dog's over 4 cross the front

Mack R600 1975&&Dodge D5N 400&&Fe 35 1958&&Tea 20 1951 &&Tea 20 1952

9 years 6 months ago #148072 by
I'm enjoying reading this thread until I got to the end of # 30 & started on #31 as it seems as someone's comment has been deleted as jblair is answering too slowspeeds summary which I didn't see :-? :-? maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick . Dave

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #148073 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic Re: club rego questions
Dave, someone much wiser than I, once said "Leave the sleeping dragon lie..."
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by dieseldog.

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds