Skip to main content

club rego questions

9 years 7 months ago #148054 by
Replied by on topic Re: club rego questions

Jeez Trev, we hear the pain but don't take it out on the rest of the community.
For comparison as a primary producer in NSW I sign a roadworthy declaration and pay $58 for conditional rego on my tractor and do as I please so long as operation and fitted equipment are compatible - eg don't drive at night with no lights. Plant such as backhoe same deal. Tractors on club rego in NSW have EXACTLY the same conditions as trucks.
The load rules for historic trucks in Qld is an issue (wanted, low tare weight lunch box!) and shows what happens when the car side of the movement are left to do the negotiating.

Mammoth I got no problems with primary producers they have to jump thru similar hoops to the rest of us.

Detective the day will come when we will be only able to drive our club plated trucks if they can do 100kph on the open roads.

Trevor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #148055 by
....sad but probably true Trev.....

More
9 years 7 months ago #148056 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: club rego questions
Actually the Shepparton weekend just pasted there where tractors there that in the parade how could you do that if there was no provision / reg to do this :-/ :-/

More
9 years 7 months ago #148057 by Intermodel63
This is the RMS NSW link

www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/registration/ge...ion/conditional.html

I think that this subject should be treated on a case by case basis by owners/operators, if you meet the criteria fine, if not bad luck. We are lucky that we can still run some of our history around we shouldn't stuff it up for the sake of saving a few dollars.

Graham

More
9 years 7 months ago #148058 by Beaver
Replied by Beaver on topic Re: club rego questions
There are a few steam rollers and traction engines on club rego in NSW. Presumably they can be operated on roads.

In NSW it is legal to use hazard warning lights on slow moving vehicles.

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
9 years 7 months ago #148059 by paulc20
Replied by paulc20 on topic Re: club rego questions
I have two tractors on historic conditional rego in nsw. As historic plant, a declaration of their condition from the owner is all that is required, no pink slip or certification from the club, unless your club rules require it, and they are exempt from all requirements for lights etc. As both my registered tractors are crawlers they also have conditions requiring floating from site to site as well as standard historic conditions, but this gives me Third Party insurance while moving them on rally and display sites.

I also have a 1960 Massey Ferguson on conditional not historic) rego, this is also exempt from requirements for lights beacons etc. The Certificate of approved operations allows me to mow and maintain my driveways, nature strip etc as well as drive to town for fuel, mechanical and tyre needs. However I have not felt the need to mix with Great Western Highway 80km/h traffic with no beacon or hazard lights.

I think that Historic Rego for tractors is appropriate in NSW as long as the correct conditions for use are added to the Certificate of Approved Operations. This certificate is issued by the RMS and must be carried on the vehicle.

Paul

More
9 years 7 months ago #148060 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: club rego questions
I've done Rego Dating letters for 2 steam engines in our club.
One gets used on the road reasonably regularly.

More
9 years 7 months ago #148061 by jimbo51
Replied by jimbo51 on topic Re: club rego questions

Detective the day will come when we will be only able to drive our club plated trucks if they can do 100kph on the open roads.

Sounds good to me, provided that's a minimium ;D ::)

9 years 7 months ago #148062 by

I have two tractors on historic conditional rego in nsw. As historic plant, a declaration of their condition from the owner is all that is required, no pink slip or certification from the club, unless your club rules require it, and they are exempt from all requirements for lights etc. As both my registered tractors are crawlers they also have conditions requiring floating from site to site as well as standard historic conditions, but this gives me Third Party insurance while moving them on rally and display sites.

I also have a 1960 Massey Ferguson on conditional not historic) rego, this is also exempt from requirements for lights beacons etc. The Certificate of approved operations allows me to mow and maintain my driveways, nature strip etc as well as drive to town for fuel, mechanical and tyre needs. However I have not felt the need to mix with Great Western Highway 80km/h traffic with no beacon or hazard lights.

I think that Historic Rego for tractors is appropriate in NSW as long as the correct conditions for use are added to the Certificate of Approved Operations. This certificate is issued by the RMS and must be carried on the vehicle.

Paul

Paul that's the exact type of restrictions I would expect to see.

Trevor

9 years 7 months ago #148063 by
Don't like opening old posts!

But in Victoria the club permit scheme is for all vehicles that comply with the age restrictions. After that the restrictions are based on the equipment provided on the vehicle and the type of vehicle on the permit.

For example a steam truck that travels at say 15mph can go on the freeway as it is defined as a truck. But might not have any lights so can't drive at night. My tractor can travel in excess of 20mph but can't go on the freeway because it is a tractor but has full set of lights.

In the end it is vital that the operators of all vehicles to consider how the operation of the vehicle could affect other road users and modify their route or behaviours to suit.

For example I don't always take the truck or tractor on the most direct routes. I chose the routes that allow the best visibility of the vehicle and provides the best/safest options for people to get past if they want. Plus whenever safe I pull over if needed to clear any backlog when possible.

The key is to make it as safe as possible for everyone! And just enjoy the run!

I get more appreciation and approving looks from other motorists with the tractor than the acco!

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds