Skip to main content

GPS Speedo

More
5 years 8 months ago #195493 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic GPS Speedo
A little while ago on my post site,I said I got a gps ( from ebay ) and was excited till I opened the box and the speedo read nine km I complained and they said to see if I could fix it. I said no, they offered me a discount. I said no I wanted it replaced. Then they would not return my messages. Ebay stepped in and gave me my money back. I lost interest but have still got the unit. If any one out there would like to play with it it is free to a good home. Other wise it will sit on a shelf in the shed
[img
100_3347 by fill quinn , on Flickr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #195495 by ray
Replied by ray on topic GPS Speedo
If you still have it Fill I wouldn't mind playing with it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fill

More
5 years 8 months ago #195496 by Blackduck59
Replied by Blackduck59 on topic GPS Speedo
Fill did you power it up? have seen some instruments that read high until power is applied.
Most of the Ebay sellers have no idea how what they are selling works, just buying at a good price and adding their bit and reselling.
Cheers Steve

More
5 years 8 months ago #195497 by Blackduck59
Weird, cannot see any posts before Geoffb's 195400, about the GPS not working in tunnels, That is showing as the first post on page 1 of 3.
Any ideas?
Cheers Steve

More
5 years 8 months ago #195501 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic GPS Speedo
Mine has dropped the posts as well

More
5 years 8 months ago #195504 by Blackduck59
Thanks, at least I know I am not losing my mind too fast.
Cheers Steve

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #195506 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic GPS Speedo
Hi Ray I was hopping someone would play with it give me a ring. IT would be good to get it off my shelf. I did see that on GOOGLE that some were not on O. Perhaps it Os when you plug it in. I did not power it up I hope that is the case. Any ways happy to post it. 0467531875
I see you are only about forty mins away. I am home this weekend, if you want to call in and pick it up and have a coffee and get it. Cheers Fill
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Fill. Reason: adding

More
5 years 8 months ago #195517 by ray
Replied by ray on topic GPS Speedo
G'day Fill, PM sent.

More
5 years 8 months ago #195530 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic GPS Speedo
Don’t know just what make that particular one on Fill’s post is, but noticed on both my VDO tachometer and speedo, that once both the input positive as well as negative we’re wired up,the needle re-calibrated to zero after about ten to fifteen seconds, that was with the relevant pulse input connected. Seems that they (VDO) at least go through a self diagnostic every time the ignition is turned on. And on these types there is a digital houmeter in the tachometer as well as both two tripmeters, one resettable, in the speedo, both programmed simply by holding the button in on the front of the dial, unlike the older style which had the individual minature rocker switches on the back which had to be set in the correct sequence. If it had an instruction sheet with it, sometimes a bit confusing. Good point raised about danger of buying from ebay type suppliers, or markets etc, half the time they, or quite a lot of them anyway, are simply on-selling them to make a quid out of with scant knowledge of how the fool things even work, let alone any sort of back up service. Computer markets would be another prime example of the above.

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds