Skip to main content

Moonie oil line info/pics, spelling (?)

More
10 years 9 months ago #119017 by Oldemu
Some pics of the Moonie Pipeline being laid, hope there is something in them you were looking for ASW120.
My late brother drove the side boom D7e on it.

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG
[/URL)

[IMG

[IMG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #119018 by asw120
Grumpy: thanks for that info. Sorry for the tardy reply. Looks like maybe a bit late for my truck to have been there?
Oldemu: thanks for the pictures. I see the small stuff there is Ford. There was one of those (green and white ?) getting around Ipswich within the last 5 years. I thought it had an Inter bed on it, but looks just like the ones in the pics.
I should have chased this up years ago when the people who knew my truck were still around.

Thanks everyone for the interest and suggestions.
ASW.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
10 years 9 months ago #119019 by HEOFTHEHUM
Next time you get out to Moonie theres an old Servo over the road from the pub/servo/motel and a big high roof shed, in that shed works a gentleman by the name of Dick See,an old school meachanic, a lovely man and what a source of info about, the well/pipelines etc. :)

More
10 years 9 months ago #119020 by asw120
Thanks for that. Sorry for the tardy reply.
I've never actually been to Moonie, nor likely to get there any time soon......
However thanks for the advice, filed away if I do get the chance.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
10 years 8 months ago #119021 by carmoda
Hi,

I have just bought an Ex Pipeline AB130. It has the original livery 'Red Ru - Pipeline Constructions". The company at least was involved according to Pipeline.

pipeliner.com.au/news/the_moonie_oil_pipeline_-1963/043267/

International AB130 All Wheel Drive caretaker

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds