Skip to main content

International AR-110 Ute

More
9 years 11 months ago #138539 by grahamjb
I have pretty well sorted running the three wiring looms between the inner guards and the firewall to make things look neat and tidy. Just have to make up a few more clamps to secure the looms to stop them rubbing and all will be good.

This view shows the temporary fitting of the inner guards with all the wiring in situ. The small bundle of wires at the front of the chassis is for headlights and indicators and these will be kept out of sight as well. Hopefully the only visible cables will be the battery, starter motor & alternator cables.
[IMG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #138540 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Grahamjb, you are doing awesome work... thanks for sharing. I would be happy to be half as organised as you, let alone do the stuff you do. ;D

keep them coming.

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
9 years 11 months ago #138541 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Nice and tidy there
Great choice the injected engine

More
9 years 11 months ago #138542 by grahamjb
Thanks Sarge and Geoff.
Getting the injected engine to run can be a challenge if you don't use the donor vehicle BCM and any other special interfaces. I have used a VS Commodore V8 and had to re-write the ECM eprom code to bypass the anti theft lines that talk to the BCM. This can be tricky and it took some trial and error but last time I ran the engine it seem to run ok. If I was to do it again I would use a VN computer because you don't have to play with the ECM code.

With a bit of luck I will finish the starter motor and fan wiring routes on the weekend and will hopefully be able to fit the nosecone and front guards. Unfortunately I can't fit the nose cone and inner guards in one piece like CoupeUte did because I have had to modify the inner guards to clear the Jag suspension.

More
9 years 11 months ago #138543 by grahamjb
I seem to be going backwards at the moment. I made some custom power steering hoses and fitted them up, filled up the power steering pump and watched the power steering fluid slowly drip out of the power steering pump case......
To take my mind off the power steering setback I set about fitting a second oil pressure sender which is mated to the Digital Dakota gauges that I am using; this should be straight forward but it has taken me longer than estimated. I decided to use a T piece for the two senders but the T piece fouled on the engine block so I had to fit a right angle adapter to overcome this.

[IMG

In the above photo, the aftermarket oil sender is on the left and the original is on the right - I have to keep the original to shut down the voltage to the injectors in the event of oil pressure failure and I need the aftermarket sender to feed the Dakota Digital gauge; this should be no big deal except the aftermarket sender has a 1/8 NPT thread, the original is 1/4 BSP and NPT to BSP reducers are not readily available that I can find. Since there is not a lot of difference between 1/8 NPT and 1/8 BSP threads, I selected a 1/4 BSP to 1/8 BSP reducer and re-tapped the 1/8 BSP to NPT. There is no room on the engine block to simply install the T piece and associated oil pressure senders so I fitted a right angle 1/4 BSB adaptor to utilise available space and this brass adapter is shown at the bottom in the middle of the above photo.

The photo below shows both senders fitted to the engine
[IMG

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 11 months ago #138544 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Lookn good GrahamJB

the only possible concern eye twould have
is the weight of them 2 sender doodadds
hang off a brass fitting

the brass can crack or brake off where it screws in

probly nothing really
BUT

U're do n it right

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #138545 by grahamjb
Good point Swishy, hadn't thought of that and will keep an eye on it.

Fitted a new Power Steering pump today along with new belts. Finding a suitable belt for the Sanden A/C tokk a few trial fits and the new belt is 60mm longer than the original
[IMG

Cut back, compounded, polished and partially assembled the Nose Cone
[IMG

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by grahamjb.

More
9 years 11 months ago #138546 by CanAm
Replied by CanAm on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
The aftermarket oil switch you have there is also made in two terminal format.
We use them on Generators.
One terminal sends a pressure reading to the controller.
The other terminal is open/closed circuit which achieves what it sounds like your factory switch is there for, ie; no oil pressure, shut the engine down.
They generally come in two thread sizes.
You should be able to screw it straight into your block?
Might be worth investigating anyway.

More
9 years 11 months ago #138547 by grahamjb
Thanks for the info CanAm

More
9 years 11 months ago #138548 by Bobsboy
I just had another look at all previous pictures.

This is going to be an awesome ute.
Awesome I'm telling you, awesome.

I suppose the coming together part is the sweetest?

-b

Mucking about on the edge

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds