Skip to main content

International AR-110 Ute

More
10 years 4 days ago #138529 by grahamjb
ASW120
The lever was supplied with the steering column and I made the bush setup. I am using a GM 4L60E auto trans that doesn't use a vacuum kick down as it is an electronically controlled box.

FYI this is a modified vehicle and not a Hot Rod when you look at the rules that apply. I never intended to Hot rod it but had to come up with some running gear that would fit. As luck had it a Jag came into work (Fire Brigade) to be cut up along with a wrecked VS Commodore wagon and that is why I am running Jag suspension and a Commodore engine and gearbox. I know the mechanicals are not original but the body is and it will look ok when I finish. Fingers crossed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 days ago #138530 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Interesting, I thought they were 700R4 right through until just before the current shape Commodore. I've just learned my thing for the day ;)

Cheers, ASW.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
10 years 4 days ago #138531 by grahamjb
The 4L60e was introduced into Australia in 1993.

More
10 years 2 days ago #138532 by grahamjb
I have made up some SS tie down anchors to screw on to the side of the ute because I don't like the original hooks that rip you to shreds when you walk past.

Still need to be polished
[IMG

In situ on the Ute
[IMG

More
10 years 2 days ago #138533 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
VERY nice indeed!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
10 years 1 day ago - 10 years 1 day ago #138534 by Bobsboy
Speaking on behalf of those of us without some sort of work shop, don't glib casual statements like:

I have made up some SS tie down anchors to screw on to the side of the ute because...

just shite you?

ah, one day. . . [it will be me]

Ya does good work grahamjb, keep it up.
(we need all you builders in more ways than we can openly admit)
[smiley=beer.gif]

-b

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 10 years 1 day ago by Bobsboy.

More
10 years 1 day ago - 10 years 1 day ago #138535 by grahamjb
Sorry Bob, I wasn't intending to come over as a smart arse.

The picture below is the hooks that that I have replaced and at the risk of leading with my jaw I made these as well some time ago hence the rust. I was going to anodise them black to contrast against the paint but changed my mind and made the SS loop anchors instead.
[IMG

You are welcome to pop over and use my workshop since we are neighbours ;)

Cheers
Last edit: 10 years 1 day ago by grahamjb.

More
10 years 18 hours ago - 10 years 18 hours ago #138536 by Bobsboy
Re: Resto without a shed,
Things like lifting cabs and pulling things down to the rails, painting and other BIG jobs, ya, theoretically one could, given the money and planning have those things done for us.

But,
just to sit down for a few hours with a bit of metal, cutting shaping, polishing bending it just right, bang it in the vice, bash it with a hammer... in just the right spot, drill a hole, file it a bit more here and there, pop a weld on the back it to keep it tight. . .

Ah, bliss, where does the time go?

It's all those little things that can't be bought that make the job personal.

Lucky you envious me (us?).

Cool,
Howzbout noonish Saturday?
What's your favourite brew?

cya

-b
:D (I'm excited)

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 10 years 18 hours ago by Bobsboy.

More
10 years 4 hours ago #138537 by plastic bertrand
yes love your work Graham, ive done a number of show bikes over the years and its the bits that people see and know too well you cant go and buy them that makes all the difference. money doesnt buy skill and the ability to fabricate something. it is the little things that counts.
cheers tim

More
10 years 4 hours ago #138538 by grahamjb
I have lost count of the number of times I have done what Bobsboy describes only to find that I have got the measurements wrong or failed to take into account some other critical thing that makes the object that you have spent hours and hours making only to find out it is useless. So you have to go back to the drawing board and start over again; sometimes more than twice.....thankfully I like beer and have a fridge close by :)

And then there are the bits and pieces that I have purchased only to find they are no good, are not what they say or I have changed the design......but I do enjoy making things and I put the stuff ups/failures down to progress. If you don't give it a go you will never know plus your mates can learn from it as you go

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds