Skip to main content

International AR-110 Ute

More
10 years 1 week ago #138519 by 600Dodge
Top work, where did the fuel tank come from? Is it the original chassis with a tubular centre member added?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #138520 by grahamjb
600Dodge
I made the fuel tank and by my calculations it will hold just over 72 litres. The chassis is original but I boxed it and added the X Frame centre section for strength and rigidity. I have added some photos below
When I got this wreck it was a rusty chassis and cab only - all the running gear had been removed and because of the difficulty in finding parts for these old girls I have gone down the path of fitting a 20 year old Holden power train and a 35 year old Jag suspension. This has been a lot harder than I imagined and the restore on my Chrysler 60 Series Tourer was a dream run in comparison.

My 60 Series Chrysler
[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

Starting off on the Inter Chassis
[IMG

Tacking it together
[IMG

Fitting Front Suspension
[IMG

Another view
[IMG
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by grahamjb.

More
10 years 1 week ago #138521 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Your Chrysler is beautiful. Not only done to a high standard, but actually finished! (I never seem to quite get there .....)

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
10 years 1 week ago #138522 by grahamjb
Thanks for the kind Chrysler comments ASW120

The only way I can finish my projects is to discipline myself to finish something no matter how small, each time I am working in the shed. It is a tough call but you can knock off a lot of jobs which help things to get finished and finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #138523 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Not being a critic or certifiable engineer but with all that extra tubing will the chassis flex enough (Not want to causing major discussion)
Love the workmanship though
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by geoffb.

More
10 years 1 week ago #138524 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Geoff, hot rods and cars need to have a fairly ridged chassis so they don't do odd things in the corners mate.

10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #138525 by
Replied by on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
....jeeez Browny .. you're definitely certifiable......and you don't have to worry about the engineering department ol' mate!! :D :D :D :D...

....very nice work grahamjb...cheers to you 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

More
10 years 1 week ago #138526 by grahamjb
I am still finishing off the wiring which seems to be taking forever. The joys of trying to keep things out of the way.

I have also built an electric winch for the spare wheel using a winch cable assy and a cut down linear actuator.

Below is a view of the winch and cut down linear actuator
[IMG

This "centre off" switch operates the winch from under the vehicle
[IMG

Spare wheel about to be lifted
[IMG

Spare raised up out of the way
[IMG

More
10 years 4 days ago #138527 by grahamjb
I have been busy finishing off the under dash wiring and the other jobs that appear out of nowhere.

Made up a floor bracket for the gear shift cable and a bush for where the cable connects - used some PVC and brass so that I don't have to lubricate it.

Unassembled
[IMG

Putting it together
[IMG

Assembled
[IMG

On the Ute
[IMG

The dash is nearly finished
[IMG

More
10 years 4 days ago - 10 years 4 days ago #138528 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
I'm not a hotrod man, but I am loving this.

Regarding the gearshift, was the lever a bought part, and you made the bushes?

I'm also wondering whether you are using the GM kickdown vacuum switch, or an aftermarket, adjustable one? (I will be getting one of these for my bulletnose Stude as the mechanical overdrive kickdown switch has failed)

Either way, you will likely be able to report before I "get a round to it" LOL

Appreciate the updates, cheers, ASW.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 10 years 4 days ago by asw120.

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds