Skip to main content

where to find the chassis number on a K100 KW

More
10 years 1 month ago #140199 by werkhorse
Yes well the bullbars were apparently used more as push bars ... But Detective lived up to his name and worked it out.

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #140200 by
.. ;D ;D ;D ;D...okay...okay .. if you had a factory supplied cabover Kenworth bullbar (either heavy or light duty) there will be an aluminium tag about 3 X 3/4'' long on the LH lower corner of the cab stating..."lower bullbar before tilting cab" ....

...this seems to apply to any Kenny fitted with a factory bullbar through the mid '70's ...but beyond that i haven't got a clue ;D ;D ;D...

...all proper, and good fun this research.....bring it all on fellas!...

...PS G'day Grumpy .. good to hear from you...but stop movin' around so much will ya!! :D :D 8-) 8-)

More
10 years 1 month ago #140201 by bigcam
I've seen the chassis number stamped in the Alloy bars.
I've also worked (briefly and a long time ago) at Re-Car and Priority Transport Repairs. Pretty sure Re Car I think would stamp the chassis number on the bar if they had to repair it. I could be wrong though.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #140202 by
...had a bit of fun today and checked out an old mid 70's Kenny 8-) 8-)

...she had the ally tag on the LH cab corner regarding the bullbar tilt...this time it's a ''so called'' factory heavy duty bullbar (as averse to a lightweight ''bedpost'' bullbar) and was checked on the RH top flange for a possible number....

...in 35 years of painting trucks and crawling over all kinds of these old KW jiggers...i've never seen the number on one of these...and there it was...with the number matching the chassis number...but upside down facing the headlights :-? :-? :-?

..... thought it a bit odd till we realised that it would be really hard to stamp a ch/no on the top flange with all those bars angled and facing forward.....simple factory fix?....stand behind the bullbar and stamp her that way ;D ;D ;D ......great fun ....cheers

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds