Skip to main content

1954 AR 160

More
8 years 8 months ago #162001 by GarryAR160
1954 AR 160 was created by GarryAR160
Hello guys new forum member. I will give you a little info about my self first be for I start asking questions. I am a Inter man right to the bone. I brought my first inter when I was about 14 years of age. M type 3 horse power stationary engine. I'm 33 years of age still got it. I have a couple of other inter motors as well. Got a T6 tractor and now a AR 160 truck.

So a little about my truck its a 1954 AR 160. It came out with 20 inch tires and has the split front wined screen. I am in SA and was wondering where is the best place to pick up a rubber window kit. I have been doing some research and tracked down a few places where I might get some different rubbers but thought I might ask on eh first before I go and order gear. I don't want to pull all the windows out and fined out that I got the rong rubber kit or something along them lines.

Dose any body know if I can get reproduction rust panels for these old girls. She has been resprayed by the last owner but has a few rust bubbles cumming up under the paint that I need to fix up along with two major rust spots that need to be cut out a redone.

The brakes need a over hall starting with new metal piping and flex hose to the drums which I have sourced locally.

I need to rebuild the carby but it came in pieces and I am not sure if it is all there at the moment. The old girl still has its original 6 cylinder pety motor in it. In the event I am missing carby bits how do you think a strongbeeg or holly go on her. Just a thought as I can come by them. I really dont want to spend money on the carby befor I know the engine is ok. Sometime tomorrow I going to take the sump off and give it a good clean out.

That will probably do it for now got other questions but I will save them for later.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #162002 by GarryAR160
Replied by GarryAR160 on topic Re: 1954 AR 160
You probably want to see some pic

[IMG

[IMG

More
8 years 8 months ago #162003 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: 1954 AR 160
Its looks like its all there thats a good start

More
8 years 8 months ago #162004 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: 1954 AR 160
You're right, we love pics and yours are beaut.
What carby do you have? I think they had a Holley from new?

Fleetparts in Toowoomba have the rubbers (they have recently made new 1/4 vent seals from their own new tooling). There are several others, too I think.

All the best with it, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
8 years 8 months ago #162005 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: 1954 AR 160
First impressions are good Garry. I think the best way to handle these old trucks is to get them mobile as best you can, and then fix any issues as they come to light.

Since you are in S.A. then having you join our local S.A. HCVC would be good as well.

Cheers Geoff

More
8 years 8 months ago #162006 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: 1954 AR 160
Welcome Garry looks like a good old girl good advise from tacho get it going good and rego'ed and just fix what needs doing

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 8 months ago #162007 by GarryAR160
Replied by GarryAR160 on topic Re: 1954 AR 160
Yeah that's about what I was thinking fix what needs fixing get it rego and on the road. Tacho I would be interested in joining a club.

More
8 years 8 months ago #162008 by lower yp sth aust
Replied by lower yp sth aust on topic Re: 1954 AR 160
Nice looking truck and awesome scenery in the background ,we have got rubber etc from Fitch rubber in Adelaide before

More
8 years 8 months ago #162009 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Re: 1954 AR 160
Hello Gary,
That truck looks good.
The AL line had Carter carbys and were better starters than our AR110 ute with a Holley.
David.

More
8 years 8 months ago #162010 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: 1954 AR 160
Garry, if you go to the HCVC home page all of the information and forms are there to join our club.
The form and money goes to the Victorian club admin people but you become a member of the S.A. branch.
Any problems then get back to me by email and I will get it sorted. Geoff

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds