Skip to main content

Overlander's old Photos

More
6 years 4 months ago #189633 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Overlander's old Photos

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #189634 by werkhorse

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, Tacho

More
6 years 4 months ago #189638 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Overlander's old Photos
Another great selection of Peter Ramsay's photos.
#189621.
Ray Hutchinson's R600 Flintstone Mack is the same truck discussed on previous pages on this thread that was and once again owned by Alan Lever.
Cleary Bros black and silver Mack agitator.
I was told that Cleary's tried to have the agitator bowl chromed, but no one could handle the job, so they had to settle for silver paint.
In the early 70's young John Cleary decided to drive this Mack to the truck show at the Sydney Showground. Turning left from Ramsgate Rd onto The Grand Parade in Sans Souci 2 tyres hub and brake drum came off the truck.
I don't know why this truck wasn't painted yellow the same as the rest of the fleet, but this black and silver color scheme has been used again about 3 years ago on another one of their new Mack agitators.
#189623.
Green and white Atkinson owned by Figtree Freighters. My brother John drove one of their Atkinsons.
I have been looking for a photo of FF's Atkinson for years. Has Peter got any photos of their R600 Macks.
I will re post this picture on Historic Trucks/ Figtree Freighters.
Ray

More
6 years 4 months ago #189663 by overlander
Replied by overlander on topic Overlander's old Photos
Greetings. Werkhorse is doing good . I put together the random photos as they have caused comment on other posts. The Bill Abbott R model was taken in Truro, the LPS in Nuriootpa pre '74. I suspected the green R model was/is Alan Levers' and this has since been confirmed. The instamatic of his R model is the only other photo I have of it. The Sheppards W-star had a DAF engine. The instamatic color photos of the Transtars would have been taken in '74, most of them at Detco. The Robinson's Kw-k I took at Detco after they moved to Cavan, I thought the bloke's name was Clayton, but I must be wrong, had an 8V71T. The Bruce Marks White I took at O G Roberts on main north road- currently a Toyota dealership. The Night Stalker 9564 I took at Detco in Melb when I was on my way to Launceston for 18 months. I'll look for any more Figtree photos but I don't reckon I'll have any otherwise you'd have seen it by now.
I remember a driver of a V71 or a V92 coming in and banging on how his Jake brakes are all up the shit coz the truck keeps pulling to the left when he used them. Put the truck in the workshop, 2 taps on the rocker covers with a screw driver and all was fixed. Could have used him at a Solver shop to mix paint. Next time
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, xspanrman

More
6 years 4 months ago #189670 by xspanrman
Is the Bill Abbott R model Mack the one that is loaded with sawn timber.
The Robinson's Kenworth was owned by Glover Transport.
Thanks Overlander for taking the time to have your photos put up on this forum . For me , it has been like taking a trip down memory lane when I see a photo of a truck that I recall seeing years ago.
Ray

More
6 years 4 months ago #189679 by overlander
Replied by overlander on topic Overlander's old Photos
Ray, it is the R model with the sawn timber. I remember trucks used to back load timber out of Perth and it does look heavy on the drive- maybe he was waiting it out for Heckle & Jeckle to call it stumps at the weighbridge in Blanchetown. Other members have the knack of making the photo bigger as was done with the Foden photo. Next time
The following user(s) said Thank You: xspanrman

More
6 years 4 months ago #189777 by xspanrman
Overlander's comment about a driver complaining that when he operated the jake brake caused the truck to pull to the left, reminded me that back in the 90's I had just serviced a F12 Volvo and took it for a short drive without the trailer. Every time I decelerated , the rear of the truck felt like it was pulling to the left and when I accelerated the truck would straighten up. The cause was a broken main leaf in the Hendrickson suspension. When I spoke with the driver he said that the Volvo steered normally with the trailer on.
With the retardation of the jake brake on a GM maybe the driver did feel the truck was pulling to the left and the cause was a broken main spring leaf.
Ray.

More
6 years 4 months ago #189786 by werkhorse
Something a little different this time from Pete....

.... Lets all go on a safari ... Africa style ;)

I'll let Pete fill in the details of each photo

Attachments:

More
6 years 4 months ago #189787 by werkhorse

Attachments:

More
6 years 4 months ago #189788 by werkhorse

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.664 seconds