Skip to main content

Lang's new Mack toy carrier

More
3 years 10 months ago #211480 by husky
Replied by husky on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
The group of four cab originally was a joint exercise with truck manufacturers Saviem, Berliet ,Volvo ,Magirus Deutz and Daf ,to cut down cost of each manufacturer developing different and expensive truck cabs .later Renault ,as it aquirred Berliet and Saviem started to also badge their trucks as Renault G series ,
The link with Ford was later when the Ford Transcontinental was introduced which made use of the Berliet R series cabs on the ford heavy range of trucks,
After this ford then joined with Magirus Deutz and OM as well as Fiat and Unic to manufacture under the name of IVECO,(industrial vehicles co), much the same as leyland and Albion and Dodge which is where the LAD reference name comes from ,,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, Lang, V8Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #211482 by Southbound
I can see a volvo cab and Mack badges but who made the chassis and what is the driveline?

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #211483 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
Considering the Mack/Renault tie-up I think the whole truck is basically a Renault as V8 mentioned above.

The owner is crook so awaiting a call to have a look at it when he recovers - will report.

Lang
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Lang.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #211484 by Lang
Since the 15.7 million shares of Mack Company become freely bought and sold, the company has established a particularly close relationship with Renault. In 1977 two companies were thinking about joint production and sales of 6-7 class trucks in North and Central America and the Caribbean. As the result, Renault and Mack developed joint plans to produce the Mack Mid-Liner range in 1979. Renault increased its stake in the assets of MACK up to 40%. Later, in 1987, there was a financial restructuring in Renault company and a new subdivision Renault V.I. fully bought all of the Mack assets from Renault. The Mid-Liner MS was a modified truck Renault S/M series. Lighter version MS200P was equipped with a turbocharged diesel engine with an output of 175 hp and 5-speed transmission Spicer; while the heavier chassis MS300P and truck tractors MS300T were equipped with 210 hp (later 215 hp) engines and 5-, 6-speed transmission RVI. Medium versions MS250P and MS250T with the same engine as MS200P model were presented later. There was a conventional model CS also in the Mid-Liner range.

And a time line
1956: Mack Trucks, Inc. buys Brockway Motor Company. (Brockway ceases in 1977)
1966: Mack begins production at its assembly plant in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. The facility closed in 1993.
1967: Mack Trucks becomes a part of the Signal Oil and Gas Company. Later that year Signal changes its name to The Signal Companies, Inc.
1970: Mack moves into its new Allentown world headquarters.
1979: Renault buys 10% of Mack Trucks, Inc.
1982: Renault increases ownership stake to 20%, Signal lowers its stake to 10%.
1983: Mack Trucks conducts an IPO and issues 15.7 million shares of common stock. Renault increases holdings to 40%, while Signal reduces its stake to 10.3%.
1987: Renault reorganizes; Renault Véhicules Industriels buys Renault's Mack shares.
1990: Mack Trucks become a wholly owned subsidiary of Renault Véhicules Industriels
2001: Mack together with Renault Véhicules Industriels becomes part of Volvo AB of Sweden, the parent company Renault S. A. receives a 20% stake in the combined company. (In 2002 Renault Véhicules Industriels changes its name to Renault Trucks.)
2006: Mack has a record sale year.
2008: Mack announces relocation of corporate headquarters to Greensboro, North Carolina.[3]
The following user(s) said Thank You: husky

More
3 years 10 months ago #211487 by Lang
If I do get the truck, I notice it has no mascot. How can it be a Mack with no bulldog?

Found the perfect solution to go under the windscreen of this Renault Mack - a French Bulldog. Made of resin exactly the right size. And only $11 compared to about $150 - $200 for second hand chrome British Bulldog.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, craig308, husky, V8Ian, wee-allis

More
3 years 10 months ago #211488 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
You'll need a French Poodle mascot Lang.........LOL

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #211489 by Lang
Seed

Are you Swishy's secret agent?

Maybe this little bloke might be better.

Lang
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #211492 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
They called em Poodles back in the day .....bloke I did work for bought a bogie tipper version ,with a 10sp Roadranger and Spicer clutch already fitted ,so some of the problems were already cured.........I never had much to do with it ,as the guy was a certified nut ,and used to scream at his son .....anyway ,he was a real good payer ,like in advance but had been banned at all the other truck workshops for his hysterics ,and I got nervous and told him to go elsewhere.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by JOHN.K..

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #211494 by Lang
The whole dog discussion is a waste of time. I just received another photo of the truck and it has a dog on it already (but not a French Bulldog). That monstrous bull-bar has to go. Further info still indicates 290hp with 8 speed. This combination is not on any of the various factory model specs I can find. Wonder if it is an after market Volvo set-up?

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 10 months ago #211495 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier

Lang wrote: Seed

Are you Swishy's secret agent?

It's alright Lang. No secrets Here..:)
I actually Own a Mack Magnum Prime mover, Which has a Renault Cab & front Axle. I refer to It as the French Poodle all the Time...

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds