Skip to main content

Lang's new Mack toy carrier

More
3 years 7 months ago #214662 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
10/10 Morris - you probably know why? ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #214671 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
When I took the old Harman home to do a scrap cleanup ,first day a guy came across the back street ,and announced he was a "Machinery Inspector".....I sweated a bit ,till he mentioned he was retired from the Govt ,...anyway ,he had several objections to features of the Harman........but the old thing did have a Qld Inspection of Machinery tag affixed ,so ,it must have been OK once......Good enough for me.

More
3 years 6 months ago #215055 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
Had a brilliant thought today when buying a new trivet to put in our camp oven to save burning the bottom of the damper. Bought two of them One for the camp oven one for the Mack emblem.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, cobbadog, PaulFH, V8Ian

More
3 years 6 months ago #215057 by wee-allis
Ya gotta love zip ties!

More
3 years 6 months ago #215058 by Lang
Yes, Just temporary, should be replaced by a flasher system within the next 10 years.

Lang

More
3 years 6 months ago #215061 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
Don't rush it Lang, you wouldn't want to spoil a top job with hasty mountings. :whistle:

More
3 years 6 months ago #215064 by Lang
OK. You blokes are worse than my wife.

I replaced them with stainless steel lock-wire which can not be seen from the front.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 6 months ago #215068 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
Well, where's the photo of the staino?
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 6 months ago #215070 by cobbadog
Talk about harassment and being put under pressure.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #215606 by Lang
I managed to get a workshop manual and an operators manual from USA.

Lots of very good ideas on various features but also some weird stuff.

Further investigation reveals the "double H" gear shift is still current on some Mercedes models.

Firstly I have now looked at 3 Midliners and all, including mine, have the original ignition switch bypassed and a replacement one fitted. Why? The manual tells me that to start you must turn the switch to "on" where it will stop. Then you must push the key in to continue to start. All three trucks had the key broken off in the switch as drivers not in the know tried to force it past the "on" stop without pushing and then assumed the switch had failed internally.

The classic is the multi function switch lever on the dash. It incorporates turn signal, high low beam and horn.

Apart from the fact the lever has no automatic return on the blinkers the set-up could only be French. According to the manual you push the switch left for low beam and right for high beam (Horn is just push vertically on the knob). With unfathomable reasoning they then say to turn left push the switch up and to turn right push the switch down!

Surely some village idiot would have mentioned that if they turn the switch sideways you could push up for high beam and down for low beam, left to turn left and right to turn right.

Anyhow my lever has been snapped off by some driver in a fit of pique and you have to reach down to flip the little replacement switches.

Lang
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Lang.

Time to create page: 0.562 seconds