Skip to main content

1924 Chevrolet Buckboard

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #242503 by heelerau
Replied by heelerau on topic 1924 Chevrolet Buckboard
I will be using the most unobtrusive light I can find. I know what you mean about most of what is around. Think there is some good small lights with a Chev mob in Melbourne.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by heelerau.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #242512 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1924 Chevrolet Buckboard
I bought a set of stop/tail lights for David and was able to also buy a switch that will go under the floor of David and has a spring attached to it. All that is needed is a short linkage or strong #8 fencing wire to connect them together. There are some small amber lights on the Narva website that are rectangular in shape, low profile but wide enough to make up the minimum sizes that regulators required. It use to be 1 square inch for indicators.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, heelerau, Mrsmackpaul

More
1 year 3 months ago #242513 by heelerau
Yes that is the same type of switch I had on my 1921 dodge buckboard. I will use a spring and some fencing wire as a linkage!

More
10 months 3 weeks ago - 10 months 3 weeks ago #246107 by heelerau
I thought I would just ad this 1926 Chev truck to my topic here. Mongrel thing followed me home, an ex girlfriend who is now much like a dear sister to me mentioned this vehicle to me some years ago as her husband had run out of steam re restoring it. He has done an excellent t job of all the hard stuff, engine rebuilt, chassis blasted and powder coated, new tray and cab. I have just picked up some front Gaurds for it which will be abrasive blasted and sorted. Need to order a new speedo inner and outer cable and some other bits. I am all the same pretty pleased with her. My 1924 needs to have the vacuum tank sorted, I think the valves might not be seating properly, will persevere as I am not interested in electric fuel pumps !! My lovely partner, seems to like my truck, the sort of lass that tells a man he needs a restored tourer as well to make up the full set . Girlfriends have a habit of taking over your favourite roping horse, suspect it will be the same with mt Chev s !!
Last edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by heelerau.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, 180wannabe, cobbadog, eerfree, Morris, ianoz, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120 and 3 other people also said thanks.

More
5 months 6 days ago #249284 by heelerau

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, PaulFH

More
5 months 6 days ago #249288 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic 1924 Chevrolet Buckboard
Looks to me that both are "keepers", the Chevy AND the lass who is interested in your project!
Dave_64
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Brocky45

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds