Skip to main content

FORDS

More
1 year 3 months ago #243310 by Brocky45
Replied by Brocky45 on topic FORDS
Hayseed is right!!! That cab was built, BUT I do NOT know who designed it, by the Budd Corp and may manufactures used it over the years..
The following user(s) said Thank You: wee-allis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #243554 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic FORDS
Going thru some stuff today and I came across this little ute, aside from me keeping it all these years I have no other details on it

Im gunna say early 90s or late 80s

What sez the Ford experts?

It's definitely in Australia and was registered back then

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Mairjimmy, PaulFH

More
1 year 2 months ago #243573 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic FORDS
Somebody has spent a lot of money on that, l don't think Ford made anything like that out here

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
1 year 2 months ago #243612 by Mairjimmy
Three photos of a Ford
Iam glad I didn't have to drive the roads in this

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Lang, overlander, PaulFH, asw120, Tacho, Brocky45, oliver1950

More
1 year 2 months ago #243614 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic FORDS
Looks to be a Marmon-Herrrington 4x4 conversion.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #243616 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic FORDS
I think it is an ex-army Alice Springs North South Road vehicle. For some reason a lot of them had those crude guards. I think Wee-Allis might be right about the one with the solid wheels, the others look standard. I suspect it is only a standard vehicle with solid wheels - they had 10.50-18 tyres (or even used 11.00-18 off a Duck) on some and maybe this is just one of those? Imagine the vast amount of stuff coming out of service in late 40's and early 50's.

Here is an Australian Marmon Herrington. Pretty rare with hard cab as nearly all were cut off at the windscreen with canvas top. Used as gun tractors.

Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Inter-Action, Mairjimmy, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis, xspanrman, Brocky45

More
1 year 2 months ago #243617 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic FORDS
Your probably right Lang. It looks like the same vehicle, but with a wheel change. Most other things match up.

More
1 year 2 months ago #243618 by LN700
Replied by LN700 on topic FORDS
My Dad's Ford in about 1948.
Because of the shortages at that time,
he used the big singles as well as the duals.

LN700 B) :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Inter-Action, Lang, Mairjimmy, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis, xspanrman, Brocky45

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #243621 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic FORDS
A lot of those single wheel blitz plus Ford, Dodge and Chevrolet 3 tonners were converted to duals to be able to legally carry a decent load under civilian road rules. I think most were 7.00 or 7.50-20. During the war all of them (except Blitz) were delivered to the Army both big singles and duals. Here are two, one an early one and the other Jailbar but both styles carried through the models.

LN700 your dad's truck was originally dual wheel (no cut out guards) but as you say he might have scored a set of singles to do the job in the face of shortages. Remember the tyres were synthetic rubber and only lasted a short time before going hard and cracking.

Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, LN700, Mairjimmy, overlander, PaulFH, Tacho, wee-allis

More
1 year 2 months ago #243844 by Mairjimmy
2016 at Echuca

In a yard in Melbourne 2016

Gundagai 2017

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, eerfree, Inter-Action, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.672 seconds