Skip to main content

old bathurst truckies

More
10 years 8 months ago #74234 by angle-iron
Not old Bathurst truckies, some of the young blokes around town.Good to see the old paint schemes again. . . :D :D :D ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #74235 by angle-iron
Can,t wait to see his dads new truck :D :D :D :D

More
10 years 8 months ago #74236 by dodgemetal
Forget his bullbar? ;D ;D

More
10 years 7 months ago #74237 by AngusG
Replied by AngusG on topic Re: old bathurst truckies
I have a Dodge from a later era - used to run caulies and spuds to Homebush, then had a pusher axle fitted for wheat work at Narromine.
The Davis brothers from Millthorpe were bits of legends when I was growing up - also Fred Konza, also from Millthorpe.
Jimmy Davis had one of the first semi conversions to run to Flemington, with spuds I believe. (great yarn about a toilet break on the run with this one).
Gerry Nixon from Blayney had a fleet of refridgerated meat bodies in this era through to the 80s.
JG

More
10 years 7 months ago #74238 by D40Inter
Replied by D40Inter on topic Re: old bathurst truckies
Here's a pic of some fords in the Main Street of Blayney out the front of the ford dealer. There's quite a bit trucking history in the Bathurst, Blayney and Cowra area.

More
10 years 7 months ago #74239 by hummincummins
G'day Angle-iron & D40 Inter,
My Auntys grandfather used to cart fruit and veg. out of Orange and Bathurst in the late 30's,40's.You wouldn't have seen any photos or any information about Arthur Smith & Son, Orange- Sydney Transport or The Orange Box Factory by any chance would you?
Cheers Ian

More
10 years 7 months ago #74240 by angle-iron
Hi D40, what a great pic in downtown Blayney.I don,t think any local would not remember Nixon,s.They were about the only trucks the paper boys couldn,t catch. ;D ;D :D :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #74241 by waynestr
Replied by waynestr on topic Re: old bathurst truckies
If the paper trucks couldn't catch them, it was because they didn't want to.

More
10 years 7 months ago #74242 by Bitsa
Replied by Bitsa on topic Re: old bathurst truckies
G'day all
Sorry I don't have any picie's
I used to help run a mushroom farm in Dural for 5 yrs in the 80's
When it was quiet,(every 6 weeks, in between crops), I would jump behind the wheel one of Mitchell's Transport's TK's or Leyland 500's and run the mushi'es up to Edgell's at Bathurst and bring back Compost or pete moss from Winmalle or Richmond on the way back. A good long day back then. Edgell's had fork's but everywhere else was hand loaded / unloaded. Met a lot of good people and some real characters. Even though a lot of hard work, I think they were some of the best times I had . Still talk to Rod Mitchell every now and again and have a laugh.
Cheers
Alistair

1990NKR Isuzu&&1974 D1310 4x4&&195? Chamberlain Dere Backhoe&&743B Bobcat&am

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds