Skip to main content

heggie's transport

More
1 year 1 month ago #244272 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic heggie's transport
Could that be Freighter Trailmobile XXXX?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #245303 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic heggie's transport
Then and now. Fleet number 335 Chassis number 402320 has been found. The first of six SAR KW's that Heggie's bought. The engine was originally an 8V71T GM and now a Cummins and torsion bars replaced with Hendrickson suspension. It last worked about 7 years ago and is NOT FOR SALE. Photos from Terry Sperring and Mark Edwards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis, oliver1950, vicbittertoo

More
11 months 1 week ago #245699 by xspanrman
Then 1979 and Now 2023.
Heggie's Transport bought at least 4 of these slimline Kenworth prime movers powered by 290 Cummins, Roadranger gearbox and torsion bar rear end. Two of these trucks was sold to Ross Transport Pt Kembla who only recently took them off the road. Ross's restored Kenworth is Rego number FOJ-456 Chassis number 404256 and is a 1979 model. Their other ex Heggie's truck was Rego number WJL-651 Chassis number 404421 and is a 1980 model.
First photo from Terry Keltez, 2nd photo from one of Ross Tpt drivers and the 3rd photo I took at the 2022 Clarendon Klassic truck show.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis, werkhorse

More
11 months 1 week ago - 11 months 1 week ago #245702 by 77louie400
Replied by 77louie400 on topic heggie's transport

Could that be Freighter Trailmobile XXXX?

No I don't think so, I have one and nothing looks freighter to me, but I have been wrong plenty of times before.
Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by 77louie400.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
10 months 3 weeks ago - 10 months 3 weeks ago #246003 by xspanrman
A piece of Heggie's Transport history. NMP
Last edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by xspanrman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, Southbound, wee-allis

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds