Skip to main content

Climbing the New England Nov 8-9, 2014

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #123409 by mammoth
Started a new topic so it can be found further down the track.
Plan is not to even attempt to replicate the organisation of Haulin the Hume but to offer the opportunity for people to be running the route at the same time and to meet up at the focal point, being the Amidale machinery rally.
I will be doing up maps with the route from Willow Tree in the South and Warwick in the north, noting fuel and feed stops which cater for trucks, where you can get a shower and a park for the night etc. Alternate quieter routes (which would have been the highway in centuries past) will also be shown.
Weekend of the 8th & 9th November 2014 at Armidale NSW. The club holds it's annual Antique machinery and heavy horse field days on that weekend, so like the horses it will be an integrated enterprise. Looks like we may be able to use a covered area in the showground as well. Vehicles must be over 30 years old to enter as an exhibit. The club lays on a dinner at moderate cost cooked in camp ovens and a mobile army steam kitchen.
Lots more details to be worked out with the rally committee and I would like to hear what people would like in terms of organisation, facilities, whatever. If you want to register your interest contact me at collydaleATexemail.com.au
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Andy Wright.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #123410 by theroadbossman
We're in :)
Donaldson Australasia Pty Limited

Austral Tourmaster with 6V92T mechanical

More
10 years 8 months ago #123411 by gilly
Sounds like a real good trip, all these events & runs, may have to retire to be able to collect some fuel to participate ::)
Gilly

More
10 years 8 months ago #123412 by bigcam
Mammoth, I know it is next year, but would a bit of promotion at Gatton and Allora be worth the effort?
No, I'm not putting my hand up. LOL.

More
10 years 8 months ago #123413 by mammoth
Definately at Allora (and Rocklea) next year. I will make a poster to 'claim the date' for Gatton. Speaking of which, there is no mention of Gatton in the latest VTC magazine.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #123414 by mammoth
I aimed to attend this years machinery rally with an oldie, but in usual HCVC style it ran down to the wire - still sandblasting the chassis on the Mammoth Major at 3pm on friday, then a blowover with killrust, and the wheels back on by dark. Explode a battery before loading on sat morning, and picked up a chassis cut (sp40 diffs) on the way, but still got there before lunch. Even picked up a $25 voucher prize for 'most original'
[IMG

Best in show prize was worth a $100 fuel voucher for the R model
[IMG

One for Trev
[IMG

Anyway, the committee has given the 'Climbing the New England' the thumbs up and a good tail wind so it is definately going to happen. Details will be worked out as the months progress.
So far I can confirm that we will have use of the "Exhibition Centre" which is a huge shed with flood lighting.
[IMG

There will be plenty of room on the open rally grounds as well. Interestingly, the club leases the grounds for 6 months over the footy off season so there is no pressure on level of use, rehabilitation etc. There are some powered camp sites on the grounds but more are located at the showgrounds across the road.
External caterers will be providing the dinner on saturday night while the club and traders will look after catering during the day.
The machinery rally closes after the 1pm parade on Sunday, but this is one relaxed club so folks are free to come and go to suit their own agenda.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by mammoth.

More
10 years 5 months ago #123415 by modela2010
Sounds like the wheels are definitely in motion. Had a chat with the boys here in Dubbo and some are keen once details are sorted. Looking forward to the run.

More
10 years 5 months ago #123416 by mammoth
Any idea where the 'Golden Oldies' will be joining the highway or alternative route - Willow Tree, Werris Creek, or Tamworth??

More
10 years 5 months ago #123417 by Slasha
Mammoth
Send us a copy of the flyer once it is done and I will place it in the ATHS Gearchange and on the website www.aths.com.au
Cheers
Slasha

1974 White Road Boss

More
10 years 5 months ago #123418 by modela2010
Mammoth,

Not sure yet as I have not recently brought this topic up at the meetings. Umm, still not sure!

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds