Skip to main content

Climbing the New England Nov 8-9, 2014

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #123449 by
Hi Lang .. the whole event looks like it was a cracker, and all credit to your efforts getting there...and even more so getting back home again! ... 8-) 8-)

...the problems you found yourself with on the way home resonates with me and this is probably the one thing that has pulled me up for quite a few years now....holding your business/family life together, finding time to enjoy your hobbies, having the energy to do all the preparations for the big (or any) event, and then that very thing that will really give you the shits at the end of the Sunday afternoon.....that dreaded breakdown and bloody inconvenience on the way home......

...you might say that this bloke has lost his nerve, but when work beckons on the Monday morning and it's up to you to start fighting a bunch of new battles at about 7.00 am.........

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #123450 by diamondnutt
To all involved with the weekend. The rabble from the Hunter Valley Club, thank you. We all had a terrific time, even though you turned the temperature dial up for our trip south! Company was fantastic - as we always find at shows. Food excellent. And what a great variety of events happening on the programme. Nobody could say they were bored. Great to catch up with the forum faces of the north. We all made it back safely, be it slow. Hope to see you all again next year if you decide to bung it on again.

More
9 years 5 months ago #123451 by asw120
No worries Lang, thanks for the photos you did get and post.
My commiserations on your return trip troubles. Good that you were able to work around it.
Worst I can claim is a seized overdrive in the Stude last week (near home, now fixed) and I got a wheel alignment on the ASW - it was 1/2" out, but it still wobbles!

All posts appreciated, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
9 years 5 months ago #123452 by mammoth
Kind words from Lang and others is much appreciated but I should point out that it all came together with the input from a supportive club committee, and of course those who dragged their wagons up the mountains to get there. There was something of everything and it was also the catalyst to get some local operators to start talking about family trucking histories. While a lot of exhibitors were champing at the bit to come back next year at this stage the thinking is that it will be a bi-annual event. The 2nd weekend of November is locked in by the club's traditional annual machinery rally date and would take Moses to change. It is pretty hard not to conflict with other events with such a crowded calendar.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #123453 by mammoth
Been a while coming, here is coverage of the show by Truckstop TV. Maybe the run up to Black Mountain road house and the reunion will be covered by another episode.

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds