Skip to main content

Sylvia's Gap road run, June long Weekend 2015.

More
9 years 2 days ago #156691 by oldgmc
No it wasn't at that time but I think my uncle bought it off Kables

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 days ago #156692 by oldgmc
Is Sylvias Gap that really big cutting that used to be the biggest cutting on the Hume, If it is i,ve got a story about that too, when i was about two years old we were stopped at wayside stop near there, Dad had an FC stationwagon and I was standing on the open tailgate and the wind picked me up and dropped me head first across the edge of the gate miraculously I wasn't injured just a bit shaken maybe thats why I like old trucks so much, spent a lot of time in the car travelling up and down the Hume when I was a kid

More
9 years 1 day ago #156693 by Giddy up Go
....Morning Oldgmc, m8 you sure it wasn't a "FODEN" that blew you over that day...? :D Your Dad had good taste with his cars....FC,HQ....tell me he ended up with a WB.... ;)

"Gotta long way to go and a short time to get there....."

More
9 years 1 day ago - 9 years 1 day ago #156694 by oldgmc
Yes he had two WBs a ute and one tonner both bought from Christies Auctions at Leichardt in Sydney both ex council and no I don't think it was Foden I wouldn't have thought they would go fast enough to create such a big wind lol sorry to the moderators we seem to have Hijacked this part of the forum for our own amusement lol

Last edit: 9 years 1 day ago by oldgmc.

More
9 years 19 hours ago #156695 by Giddy up Go
....Copy that Oldgmc....great work m8, ;D ;D ;D. Your Dad was probably stand'in next to my 'ol man @ 'Christies' way back when.... ;)

"Gotta long way to go and a short time to get there....."

More
8 years 11 months ago #156696 by jimbo51
Update on the event....

Already 150 booked for the Saturday night dinner at the Gundagai District Services Club with bookings open until Monday. There's also a restaurant attached to the Club for anyone who's a late decider!

Here's another couple of photos from back in the day, courtesy Paul Flanagan

[IMG

[IMG

More
8 years 11 months ago #156697 by HARDSHAR
We went on this run yesterday and what a great day it was. To drive that part of the old Hume and realise how narrow it was certinatley shows the skill of the old interstaters who drove it. Congratulations to the Australian Road Transport Heritage Centre for putting on such a great weekend. Hopefully someone will put up some pics. We are still having trouble with photobucket. Cheers Kevin.

More
8 years 11 months ago #156698 by Mrsmackpaul
anyone got any pictures

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 11 months ago #156699 by Dave01
Great little run, that piece of road is unique indeed,,running along the open paddock flats, then a dramatic change through the gap and twisting through undulating terrain amongst iron barks and kurrajong trees very different from the nearby freeway.
Being not far from Gundagai, and starting from the village of Tumblong should become a terrific regular event!
I should have some images tomorrow after I get help to download them from the fancy video camera I borrowed.
Dave @Gundaroo

More
8 years 11 months ago #156700 by HARDSHAR
Hi Dave,
Looking forward to your pics. We made Win news last night and they gave it good coverage. I also heard on the day that it could be a regular event.
Cheers Kevin.

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds