More
12 years 10 months ago #44877 by HeyCharger
Good decision umpire [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #44878 by
Geez the Hume is a hot topic, wasn't guna comment on this........but i believe its up to the individual , when i first seen the advert i thought, "well i never run the Hume" so really is not for me, i understand the blokes that did wanting to go, i think that the type/era of vehicle is neither here nor there. as vehicles have run the Hume since it was put there ,sure common sense to an order of things, slow ones first maybe, many people, many reasons for going, re-live the past, enjoy the old lorry, what ever the reason,i hope all you blokes enjoy yourselves, .......... above all its a free world last time i checked,so come one come all, and i am sure when kirky and cunning and however thought of it , it was good times they had in mind ;)

12 years 10 months ago #44879 by
26 chev fine by me im sure the "bait layer" at the club will keep his dinner hot in the oven? or warm it up for breaky better not send him out first though he may end up a hood ornament on the pete!

12 years 10 months ago #44880 by
Should i dare ask "what's a bait layer"

12 years 10 months ago #44881 by
Geez, Adam, where ya been? "Bait layer" is the ancient (WW2 at least) Army name for a cook. As some Army cooks were pretty average, they quickly got the nickname from the troops, who had to put up with their doubtful offerings .. :D

More
12 years 10 months ago #44882 by Chocs
Don't be hard on him...hes only a young streetrodda!
However he did try some of his own 'bait layin' yesty....
when he yanked the line.....he was hooked to his own strides ;D ;D ;D

chocs 8-)

More
12 years 10 months ago #44883 by Bert
fitters and turners

12 years 10 months ago #44884 by
Call me green , but ive never heard the one ;)

12 years 10 months ago #44885 by
adam here,s a small history lesson in the late 1800,s thru the 50,s cattle n sheep stations[ 100,000 acres] imployed many people stockmen , ringers blacksmiths ect an most had a" dogger" his job was to control the wild dog[dingo] fox an feral pigs that threatened the stock he did this by layin poison baits [ fozrin in my time] which were deadly to man n beast alike! an his title eventually became "baitlayer' these stations also imployed cooks to feed all these blokes some good some not so good the later got the handle baitlayer!!! capiesh????

More
12 years 10 months ago #44886 by GM Diesel
Its a wonder Deadly isnt taking the British Mack for a run with you fellas :D

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds