Skip to main content

Sydney Old Hume Highway Road Run - Haulin The Hume

More
12 years 10 months ago #44867 by jimbo51
Maybe time for a bit of common sense?

Think about the context, the roads, and other participants.

Or to put it another way .....

With all due respect, it is perhaps appropriate to consider a particular vehicle's relevance to a run that is celebrating the heydays of Hume Highway trucking.

There are plenty of other more suitable and less demanding opportunities to drive and show such a vehicle.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #44868 by Chocs
You are obviously confused Jimsta...
Have you hit ya head lately?

When was the last time you saw 'transport / truckin' and 'common sense' in the same sentence?
I do beleive the correct term would be an oxymoron..

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
chocs 8-)

More
12 years 10 months ago #44869 by jimbo51
Thought an oxymoron was a bloke using a hot spanner on an old 44 gallon petrol drum - learn something new every day.

More
12 years 10 months ago #44870 by Chocs
Without causing any conflict..
Its not my say either..
If someone wants to go to the trouble of pullin somethin out of the rack and havin a crack, bloody good on em!
Some of the gadgets that did the Alice run, wern't the quickest either but they got there and made the show what it was..
Hares and Turtles.....who won the day...
If he wants ta swap buggies for a while....i would be proud to say i've done some of it in a '20's chev truck..
Like i said..he can tow me when mine breaks down..
He mighht even have some fizz to share with me and Kirky while we fix it! :)

Sorry Jimbo....my vote says bring em all! the Hume didn't start in the '70's...
chocs 8-)

12 years 10 months ago #44871 by
Chocs
Well said
I wonder how many times Deedle has been told his truck is to slow but his old girl has travelled a lot of miles.
If my 1927 Inter was finished i would be doing the run on the old Hume.
I think a 1920's Chev is a historical vehicle isnt it and they were probabbly running the hume back then.

My vote is YES.

Trevor

More
12 years 10 months ago #44872 by Chocs

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #44873 by Chocs
I said..i'd swap ol mate for a spin in his chevy...
he finds out i only got a tramstar...arrr sorry chocs no deal!!
:'( :'(
chocs 8-)

More
12 years 10 months ago #44874 by bigcam
Well we have got a real stallwhat in our club, Ian Fordyce, the fastest truck he owns is an AEC, 32 mph at full niose. the truck has been to Sandown and back as well as Dubbo with Ian and Tony Buchannan driving. Ian goes on most of our club runs as well, in some of his slower vehicles, just leaves a bit earlier, and doesn't stop.

More
12 years 10 months ago #44875 by Cunning Stunt
I've been in contact with Ian and he wants to come as well. Original plan was me and the old man taking the Commer to Yass then I decided to invite a few others along, just didn't expect it to approach 100 + trucks. I couldn't give a flying if it ran the Hume or not, mine came off a farm 400 miles due north of Perth and I'm going.

The roads are rarely travelled where it's single lane and there is plenty of room to merge when we approach the freeways so that we don't cause too much grief with the interstaters. My background (and current job) is OH&S within transport so safety with other road users is parramount.

So I say, he is welcome ;)

Some play hard to get

More
12 years 10 months ago #44876 by WSHTC inc

now now girls no more puttin crap on each other we have 1 1926 chev on the run all ready why not one more
yes thay are a bit slow but who gives a dam this a run for all to enjoy so rod tell your mate to come.. BRAD 8-)

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds