Skip to main content

Sydney Old Hume Highway Road Run - Haulin The Hume

More
13 years 1 month ago #44817 by Cunning Stunt
I've had a few emails to ask about entry forms. Contact either me or Kirky:

Bruce: rachelgunter@optusnet.com.au 0424 172 877

Ron K: shirlandron@hotmail.com 0408 625 573

We need either an emailaddress or postal address and we can send off an entry :)

Some play hard to get

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 week ago #44818 by bparo
here is the flyer

edit: removed entry form at organiser's request as there is a new one

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by bparo.

More
13 years 1 month ago #44819 by AERODYNE
Bruce went to Penrith truck show today cant believe the number of people i spoke to that are coming on the run Pattys bring the V12 W model out to play keep up the good work

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #44820 by Soft-Hearted-Scotsman
Hi all,
Just to let you all know as I live at Thirlmere nearby. After Razorback, then about 3km along, as you just come into Picton, the speed zone changes into a 50km/hr zone as you enter the town. There's a warning sign but it goes from country to houses on the downhill into town, so backing off the juice won't help. I've been done doing 61km/hr there last year.
I'm sure Bruce or someone might be making a list of the zones you'll pass through, and parking areas if needed in towns.
May already be in the entry pack for all I know. Just FYI.
Happy trails.

Kind Regards

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #44821 by Sarge
Stephen, it is only a spped zone if the signs are up and clearly visible.... Soooo a can of .... or bump in the knight ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

these things apparently happen

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #44822 by Cunning Stunt
Thanks for the warning Stephen, I saw that a few weeks ago and I'll 'debrief' everyone before we go.

Hey Chappo, do you reckon that Paddy might want to swap the 'Detroit Dozen' for the 'Powerless Pommy' for a few kays??? :-/

As it happens my Mum and Dad fly out on Sunday to Adelaide where they'll be picked up by Dave and Chris and taken back to Port Pirie. They'll then saddle up in the Commer and spend the next week on a leisurely drive back to Sydney, all fixed up :) :) :)

Some play hard to get

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #44823 by Baro

thanks charger! both cunning an i have been blown away by the interest in this run it is gonna be big i mean SCARY BIG!!! we have tried to keep it as simple as possible so numbers are not a real problem[we hope] but i would advise everyone that is serious to enter early as we can only accomadate so many at the dinner in yass. i have had a ball allready just talkin to people that have inquired about it . the run was originally about useing our trucks on a nostalgic run but ultimately its about the people and there stories one of which will be merv blinman [caringbah haulage] takin on the federal goverment in the 50,s and beating the b---teds!!!! merv,s 82 and sharp as a tack!!!. iwould like to thank everyone that has helped i can,t wait!!!

It's good to hear merv is still going strong my old man drove for him for years ,if i remember right in a dimond reo with a 250 in it then moved up to the macks running north queensland.Dad said he was the best boss he worked for,one of the last conversations with dad was about merv and if he was still alive that was the day before dad pass away so it shows that he must of been a good boss that a driver was think of him so close to death and he had'nt seen hi since top transport took Carinbah over
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by Baro.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #44824 by Aussiehooker
some one beat me to hotdog hill all good fun must get out the spanners paint and gaskets d1810 lives see ya there i got forms yesterday from l plate don

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #44825 by Jake Brake
Hi Bruce & Ron, I've sent my registration form and have booked my accommodation. Looking forward to a top weekend.
Cheers Ray

White the greatest name in trucks.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #44826 by WSHTC inc
HI All

ENTRIES COMING IN THICK & FAST WILL BE FULL SOON SO IF YOUR COMING ON THE RUN DOWN THE HUME GET YOUR ENTRY IN AVAILABLE @ WWW.WSHTC.COM.AU THANKS BRAD

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds