Skip to main content

Sydney Old Hume Highway Road Run - Haulin The Hume

More
13 years 1 month ago #44807 by Cunning Stunt
Just about to confirm entry forms and details for entrants with LOTS and LOTS of interest :o :o

I was talking with a mate today who mentioned what I think was Log Cabin Roadhouse (don't know if I got that right.........) near Wombat/Penrose. Any one recall?

Some play hard to get

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #44808 by jimbo51
Remember Log Cabin on the left north bound after Paddy's River. Don't think it was a roadhouse in my time but still a landmark.

More
13 years 1 month ago #44809 by HeyCharger

Just about to confirm entry forms and details for entrants with LOTS and LOTS of interest :o :o

Mine's in. Looking forward to a great event. :D

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

13 years 1 month ago #44810 by
thanks charger! both cunning an i have been blown away by the interest in this run it is gonna be big i mean SCARY BIG!!! we have tried to keep it as simple as possible so numbers are not a real problem[we hope] but i would advise everyone that is serious to enter early as we can only accomadate so many at the dinner in yass. i have had a ball allready just talkin to people that have inquired about it . the run was originally about useing our trucks on a nostalgic run but ultimately its about the people and there stories one of which will be merv blinman [caringbah haulage] takin on the federal goverment in the 50,s and beating the b---teds!!!! merv,s 82 and sharp as a tack!!!. iwould like to thank everyone that has helped i can,t wait!!!

More
13 years 1 month ago #44811 by Cunning Stunt
Hi Rod, I was wondering if you'd come and I hope the B Model will be sporting a trailer with the Super 90 on for ballast ;)

Look forward to meeting up with you. Like Grenfell said, it's going to be fsar bigger than we thought :o

Some play hard to get

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #44812 by oldbob70
G`Day Cunning How do I get an entry form? oldbob.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by oldbob70.

13 years 1 month ago #44813 by
bob just pm cunning or me with a email adress an we will send one

More
13 years 1 month ago #44814 by HeyCharger

Hi Rod, I was wondering if you'd come and I hope the B Model will be sporting a trailer with the Super 90 on for ballast ;)

You guys just wait. Next month I swap my 9.02 diffs for 4.64. Tell me what it's like to drive in excess of 35mph? I might actually get to drive in the right hand lane and possibly even overtake a vehicle. Might need more than the Super 90 to slow me down. Rod. :D ;D

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

More
13 years 1 month ago #44815 by tim
G,day Bruce, thanks for the entry forms, they have been duly completed & as the saying goes (and probably frequently in the trucking industry) the cheque is in the mail. Amazing how something prompts a bit of action. Have pulled the drive wheels & ordered the new brake drums, shoes, S cams & bushes, rollers,springs etc. Progress. about time I got off my ass, they were'nt gunna fix em selves. Cheers Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
13 years 1 month ago #44816 by Cunning Stunt
That's great Tim, if nothing else it's good that I could encourage a bit of motivation ;) It'll be good to meet you mate!

The entries are slowly coming in and we are aiming for a good couple of days. With any luck BParo will be able to upload the flyer and entry onto this thread as the limitations of my computer prowess were extended with that manouvre............. very extended :-/

Some play hard to get

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds