Skip to main content

Sydney Old Hume Highway Road Run - Haulin The Hume

More
13 years 1 month ago #44797 by jimbo51
No worries Scrummy - I defer to your better memory.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #44798 by
scummy thanks mate great detective work!!!!!! it now an official stoppin place on the run the old bloke will be rapt!!! .jimbo thanks for the pics the casula pic has got to be uncle leos?????? p.s my memory must be buggered i thought it was a crappy little joint didnt know about the goumet food an the showers then

13 years 1 month ago #44799 by
Grenfell a , the Billabong is still there although its now just a servo, its about 250 mts sth of where Casula Wreckers was, another 700 mts you get to the Crossroads.
Uncle Leo's is further sth, between the Crossroads and the old road to Campbelltown via Ingleburn Army base.
Jeff.

13 years 1 month ago #44800 by
jimbo i just read the review on bimbos s the graffiti in thr toilets rang a bell . i was in yass at robbies road house doing a compressor on a super 250 in a transtar of bunkers i when to the toilet an on the back of the door was a big screed baggin dentists!!!!!! had to be the same bloke . some witty person had written at the bottom ' many a true word spoken thru false teeth ' maybe the memory is comin good!!! i no this run will shake out a few cobwebs thanks every one for there imput this run is gonna be magic!!!!!

13 years 1 month ago #44801 by
jbmack thanks mate your right i used to go to that wreckers chasin old ford parts when i was at cummins i remember one xmas a bloke pulled in there for a feed [garage] in a d1000 ford an a tarped trl load of grog just as he got the meal his truck drove out ,cops found the truck next day intact exept the grog even the tarps were neatly folded as gates stacked an tyed at fairfield i had to go an jump start it jees my memory is back !!!!

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 1 month ago #44802 by Swishy

LOL
The girls will B waiting

They did mention sumthing about they have a photografic memory

LOL
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 1 month ago #44803 by gidgeajack
what about the Rovers Return? a bit further south than Bimbos.I remember pulling in there one night and telling the girl I was sick of steak and eggs every meal and she said why not try a veal schnitzel has been a favourite ever since ..this was probably 1977/78, was driving for Nosworthy at Goulburn pulling an Aztec powder tank..wish you could get good food like that now in todays "roadhouses" hooroo ...John :'

More
13 years 1 month ago #44804 by tim
Swishy, what are ya doin with a scarf on Mate, would'na recoginized ya nearly. I hope that YOU are going to join with the rest of the motley crew on this memory reviving run. What say you?
Cheers Tim ;) ;) ;D :D

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

13 years 1 month ago #44805 by
cunning there is a change of plans ,the slow trucks leave last an the fast ones first that way ill get to bimbos early an wont get an ugly one i think you an old mate with the kmodel bedsted should consider bring a few paper bags

13 years 1 month ago #44806 by
swish they look like a couple of bimbos to me!!!!

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds