Skip to main content

Sydney Old Hume Highway Road Run - Haulin The Hume

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #44827 by Cunning Stunt
Just to clear a few things up, a number of people have contacted me concerned that they may have missed 'the cut-off' but there is no cut off as to the number of trucks coming.

The only restrictions are that the dinner is limited to seating so first in best dressed. If the dinner fillsup we are still happy if you want to come to the photo/slide night. The only other restriction will be on accomodation as there is only so many rooms in Yass.

Due to work commitments and the potential size of this, the July 31st cutoff will also be adhered to, it'll be just too hard to get things organised for the stragglers

Please call or PM me if you have any queries or concerns. This is a no frills run (well not too many frills..........) and right from the start I've said that I didn't care what came along :)

Some play hard to get

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #44828 by tim
G'day Bruce, looking forward to the big event, still getting thing done on the old girl. Have your Mum & Dad arrived back in town with the Commer yet. I guess they will have by now. Hope they had a good run. cya Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #44829 by Cunning Stunt
Hey Tim, yeah they got back last Friday with it unscathed and uneventful. I spent Saturday morning at work degreasing the underside and gave it a tub in the afternoon. Looks a little better now although it has a few more rattles and squeaks now than before we left to go across - must've been the piggy back ride on the Kenworth that shook it apart ;D ;D Dave did a magic job on the repair as usual and it drives and sounds great.

Mum reckons they would've been home a day earlier if the Old Man stopped talking to everyone whenever he stopped :D

Their last stop was Yass so they ran the Hume Run route in reverse on the way back 8-)

Some play hard to get

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #44830 by WSHTC inc
hay bruce i spied the commer at sallys corner best looking truck on the road that day

More
13 years 1 week ago #44831 by HeyCharger
OK guys. Watch out. Road tested today the "B" with the new rear end 4.64 in lieu of the 9.02.
Holy crap :D :D :D.....the dogs eyes are watering and I've still got two gears to go. :o
Talk about "stretching my legs". Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

More
13 years 1 week ago #44832 by WSHTC inc
whats this ROD goes better than 66ks ? this i gota see
Brad 8-) :o

More
13 years 4 days ago #44833 by Hank the Truck
HI guys,

Are there many from SA making the trek over there for the run, it would be a pearler of a trip in Hank..

And I reckon I could get SWMBO to release funds to get Hank in training for the trip...

If there are a few others going over, maybe we could convoy and mutual support...

More
13 years 4 days ago #44834 by WSHTC inc
HI HANK

NO NOT YET BUT YOU COULD BE THE FIRST AND OTHERS WILL COME TOO

THANKS BRAD 8-)

More
13 years 23 hours ago #44835 by HeyCharger
Hi Brad. Just came over the Razorback a couple of hours ago and at the truckie's memorial, many loads of, what I'd call road-base, have been dumped.
It may pay for you to check with the Wollondilly Shire Council www.wollondilly.nsw.gov.au/site/pages/contacts.html to see if they have any plans for this site which may impede our trip.
Regards, Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

More
13 years 20 hours ago #44836 by Cunning Stunt
Hi Rod

When we did our test run for the trip I noticed the loads of fill that had been dumped which reduced the parking somewhat. With the amount of trucks coming I decided that it wouldn't be a safe place to pull into anyhow so suggested on the itinery that people could call for a look but if there was no room, just keep going.

At the speed I'll be going over Razorback I'd reckon that all spaces will be filled :'(, so I'll just blow the horn and hold you all up through Picton ;)

Glad you've got the B Model sorted, hopefully you'll bring a trailer!

Cheers

Bruce

Some play hard to get

Time to create page: 0.553 seconds