Skip to main content

Sydney Old Hume Highway Road Run - Haulin The Hume

13 years 1 month ago #44787 by
scummy i would love to think your correct on bimbos!.looked at that building on the test run an thought the same as jimbo- to close to the road and from memory it was a fibro deal with tiolets an showers at the rear but 40 years is a long time?? old mate in the 90 is fairly romantic maybee some part of him will remember when we get there????

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #44788 by
Was there maybe two roadhouses at Bargo, both south of town northbound, Bimbo's being the 1st at the edge of town? The truck parking area looks like it to me. If you remove the awning and the brick facade, you will have the old fibro building. I remember Yellow Express being parked there overnite on a number of occasions with heavy and wide loads.
Scummy, what Vol. and No. T&BT is it in?

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #44789 by jimbo51
Yep, Ampol Casula, plus Paddy's River, Hotdog Hill just past Gunning, the Total at Yass at the bottom of the Mundoonens just before the old Canberra turnoff, the Mad Mile (lot shorter than a mile) at Yass, Jugiong, Coolac pub, Shell southside of Gundagi, of course the 'Cutta, Holbrook servos on and off, Caltex North Albury, the Wimpy(Mobil) at Wodonga, Paps at Springhurst, Total Glenrowan, Caltex Winton, Euroa, Seymour, Kalkallo pub, Bunker Hill.

There, that should jog some memories and get some stories coming out.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by jimbo51.

More
13 years 1 month ago #44790 by Scummy

Was there maybe two roadhouses at Bargo, both south of town northbound, Bimbo's being the 1st at the edge of town? The truck parking area looks like it to me. If you remove the awning and the brick facade, you will have the old fibro building. I remember Yellow Express being parked there overnite on a number of occasions with heavy and wide loads.
Scummy, what Vol. and No. T&BT is it in?

Mate , may 1974 , page 105 . I got givin a stack of t&b mags which i ripped out old ads and things that i wanted to keep including the munchies reveiws .The T bone cost $1.50 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish i had a scanner so i could scan the article .

More
13 years 1 month ago #44791 by jimbo51

I wish i had a scanner so i could scan the article .

Give us 5 - I'm on the job!

More
13 years 1 month ago #44792 by jimbo51
Gren fella,

Just checking some old photos and looking at this article I'm prepared to accept my memory is developing a few holes. Probably is all that remains of the old place!

More
13 years 1 month ago #44793 by jimbo51

More
13 years 1 month ago #44794 by Scummy
Outstanding ,great work fellas .You see the tele post out front with transformer on it and the rollerdoor behind the trailer right out front .Just like the pancake joint i posted before .

13 years 1 month ago #44795 by
It was good to see he liked the steak so well ;D ;D but over all he gave Bimbos a good write up . Dave

More
13 years 1 month ago #44796 by jimbo51
Didn't mention the value-added showers though. ::)

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds