Skip to main content

Sydney Old Hume Highway Road Run - Haulin The Hume

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #44757 by Cunning Stunt
Well, here's an update! Mr and Mrs Grenfell, Dad and I did a flying mile on Saturday to cover the intended course and see just how feasible it is. We have sorted most stuff out and we'll soon have a flyer and entry details.

We will meet and depart from Uncle Leo's at Casula where we'll follow the old road down to Narellan. For safety reasons we have decided to bypass Camden as the four roundabouts in close succession might result in more than one 'worst gear change' award for the B Model owners. We will then cruise on up Razorback, shed a tear at the memorial before going down through the hole in the wall and climbing up to Tahmoor and onto Bargo.

We'll then turn off before the new road and travel through Yerrinbool and pop out onto the freeway about a km before the Mittagong off ramp. Then down through Mittagong, Berrima, Cuttaway etc then back onto the freeway through to Marulan to give a friendly wave to the southbound Inspectors. We're still finalising plans for lunch then off to Breadalbane for the rest of the old road. Our mate Graham McKie from Canberra (ex Antil Ranger) gave us a guided tour through the Cullerins on Saturday and we travelled with him through to Yass. All told, about 260km with around 60km of it on the new road.

Entry forms will have accomodation details for Yass listed with truck size limitations for each shown against each one. Furthest motel from the Soldiers club is about a $6.00 cab trip so I might even be able to get the old man to shout ;D. Dinner will be a buffet carvery so should be a good night with a few prominent truck blokes coming to show some old pics and have a yarn.

There will be a bit of magazine coverage and I am in the throws of arranging a crew to film it as well so there is still a bit of organising to finalise.

I asked Mrs Grenfell what she thought of the run and she gave me a blunt "Riveting" as her response, about as excited as my wife :D :D

The date is confirmed so we will hopefully see as many as possible come to make it a road run to remember 8-)

Any indication of numbers will be an advantage so if you are thinking of taking the plunge please let me know ;)

Some play hard to get
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Cunning Stunt.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #44758 by tim
Hi Bruce, what was the reaction at Marulan regards having to go over the weighbridge, logbooks etc? I assume that anyone with the normal requirement to use a work diary will have to comply with normal regulations. Thanks for the effort that you & the group are going too. Cheers Tim :-/

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
13 years 1 month ago #44759 by AERODYNE
Hi Bruce cannot wait to get the old KW out and historic rego on it ,hope all the aths members around Sydney come along .Thanks to you and Kirky for doing the hard yards

More
13 years 1 month ago #44760 by Cunning Stunt
Hey Chappo, welcome to the Forum!! I know you've been lurking for a long time but there's a lot of KW owners on here who'll benefit from your knowledge.

I think we're going to have a good weekend, Kirky's already told me to go at the back of the queue so I don't hold anyone up :D

Some play hard to get

More
13 years 1 month ago #44761 by truckit
Hi, new to the forum. I have a full road regestered 1951 "K" model bedford, not restored but a daily driver, would it be okay to to enter this littly truck and join the rest of you guys on this weekend, should be good.
Charlie

D.H.B.&&Doing His Best

13 years 1 month ago #44762 by
truckit you are more than welcome maybee you can push cunning up razorback!!

More
13 years 1 month ago #44763 by jimbo51
Gren fella,

Maybe we need a night section on the run with some of these old cockies' trucks randomly toddling along with their usual minimal or non existent tail lights - just to give the quicks some excitement! :o

13 years 1 month ago #44764 by
jimbo yeah that would be fun? but i think there will be enough excitement on the 60 k,s of freeway for the pommie hill detectors mixin it with the b doubles!!!!! p.s thanks for the pics pps no traffic jams in the cullerans , we stood on your bridge tellin lies for a half hr an didnt see a car!!!!

More
13 years 1 month ago #44765 by Andy Wright
Hill climbing makes for good photos. ;)

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
13 years 1 month ago #44766 by aussie l plate
mmmmmmmmmmmm was talking too the Brockway king today, and was offerd a seat in his brockway, for this run, just dunno nwhat seat, either left or right seat.........

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds