11 years 2 weeks ago #87023 by geoffb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #87024 by melonreo
here is a video from an admirer ;)

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #87025 by Scummy
Excellant weekend , great idea useing gunnings showground still feeling the aches and pains today .
[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

Still more to come !

11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #87026 by

Instead of WOZIT this a HOWSIT

....through my still very bleary eyes, i reckon No 7 is HeyCharger (Rod) and No 8 is Kenny 125 (Brendan) ....????
....and a real stab in the dark.... may be SteveB (No 16)

....BTW .. what a great weekend.... 8-) 8-) 8-)

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #87027 by Swishy
Thiz looks more Beterererererer

LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #87028 by geoffb

11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #87029 by
Part 1 reply #418

Part 2 The Big Day

The big Day arrived woke up looking at the clock in the motel and it showed 4.55am so as we planned to be up at 5.00 i thought i would stop the alarm going off. Got dressed went over to switch the phone alarm off and SH%T it was only 4.15am as i was awake i surfed the net. About 4.45am Ross & Dad started to stir so now they Day was really about to start, while Dad got ready we went and got the 27 ready just with a final check over then went for a walk around the outside of motel to see if anyone else was up and about and we walk around the corner and this cheerful voice says (morning Trev) the old Choc's man was up and about, with this we headed back to the room and grabbed our gear and out to the trucks, fired up and moved around to the front of motel to wait for my co pilot for the day Mike (Dee15) he was running a little late as his better half took the wrong exit.
With Mikes arrival we headed for the start line on arrival who was there to great us once again but the smileing Choc's

As you can see it was still a bit dark

[IMG

So we parked up registered and the got told to get going well we sat around and enjoyed watching all the other trucks roll in.

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

Here was this bloke helping someone again this time tying ropes for Baz.

[IMG

Here are a couple of great blokes to travel with.

[IMG

So as it was now daylight and we could read the mud maps it was time to get on the road.

next the trip

Trevor

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #87030 by geoffb
Heres a few that I took will continue to post

Whats better than 1 White

Well after Albury continued on to the overnight at Gundaga oil leak still an issue Friday remove turbo believing the return line to be problem fix that and carry on still have starter issues
More to follow
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by geoffb.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #87031 by prodrive
Righto you blokes, my two bobs worth...
Firstly, what credit to the organisers. I can only imagine how far the event has come from it's first foggy imaginings of "Hmm, how about a run for a few trucks down the Hume..." It was truly amazing to see the amount of trucks, trailers, people, and so on. I just couldn't get over it.
And the amount of people lining the sides of the roads, waving, kids doing the horn toot thing, oldies, you name it. Like being in the grand parade!
I truly reckon that this event (and the Crawlin') have done more for the positive image of Trucks, and truckies, than anything else that I've seen, heard, or done, for as long as I can remember. It's just such a positive sight, great for the towns, great for Yass, great for Gunning, and so on. (great for us too!)
And for me, even more special- I pissed around and didn't get an entry in, until it was too late. So i kinda just went anyway. (had an excuse, had a trailer to deliver, so i didn't feel too guilty, but still..)
I met Bruce and the organisers at about 5.30 am before the start, told them that I hadn't enetred, but they couldn't have been more helpful. "anyone's welcome", they said.
So we did the run, down to Gunning for lunch, which was a great idea. Lots of time to wander around looking at all the cool gear, and talk rubbibsh to like minded people!
Off to Yass, stayed at the showgrounds with Browny and his mate Brendan.
Heaps of people at the Soldiers club that night, lots of laughs and ineresting people to chat with, met Knighty and few other blokes too, good to put some names to faces. A good night all round, I know they had a few issues with the PA and so on, but certainly a good effort, considering the work involved.
Back to the showgrounds, a few good laughs, drank Browny's beer and ate his brekky next morning too! Thanks Browny and Brendan...
So overall, it was great event, and i didn't even enter!
One of the things that I was very lucky with-
I travelled up and back with Tim, Chocs, Fred and Gilly- a great crew, and I really enjoyed their company, and appreciated their help and support, in so many ways. So thanks heaps guys, it was a real pleasure being on the road with you all, and I'm lucky to have been able to do it.
I reckon thats what it's all about really- a bit of good company, good times, good laughs, and a great time had by all.
Thanks heaps everyone!!!
P.S -Just to finish off my little rant, how good is that bloke who drives the Blue Tramcar? Not only did he rebuild his Crummins by torchlight the night before the event, he was the first one in to help lots of people, (including me.) Also helped Crackers with his starter for hours, along with other blokes too, and was with the organisers helping them too.
Just a credit to the industry, and a top bloke to boot. Good on you, mate, well done. One thing though, i didn't see him volunteer to get under Browny's bonnet when someone pulled the emergency stop by mistake??? Whats that Chocs? Bit oily on the screamer there, was it eh???
Cheers!
Richard.
See ya at the Crawlin... I'll get my entry in early this time! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds