Skip to main content

Transport Supply Chain

More
4 years 2 months ago #206115 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Transport Supply Chain

lantana jack wrote:

Lang wrote: Paul

You might be interested in this.

FAO of UN. Committee made up of Ag people from each country, not environmentalists or academics. A heavy read but maybe worth it if you are interested in the subject.

www.fao.org/3/i3461e/i3461e.pdf

lang

Lang, I assume because youv’e quoted the ‘research’ that you have read it ?

Re the link:
- What do they exclude from the green house gas assessment done for the report ?
- Do the report cover cattle soy bean consumption. And if so - is that all of the soy bean or just part of the soy ?

Enuf questions for now - Lang, I think you will be surprised just how nonsensical these UN reports are.

Yeah I dunno SFA about SFA

Im not educated and never finished high school and have no letters before or after my name so any input I have will be disregarded on this basis alone

I am smart enough to know we reap what we sow and the UN and their cronies have been steering the tractor for many years, since then we blundered along from impending disaster that will end the world as we know it to the next
From Ozone layer vanishing to giant floods to the world over heating to our reefs dieing to climate change to stopping using paper bags to plastic bags to multi use plastic bags to locking out our loggers to huge bush fires to a well managed Murray Darling basin to one with water owned and controlled by the Chinese government to eating our own fish to eating imported fish

And the list goes on and on of all the changes made and recommend from knob heads in the UN and their hanger on under handed cronies

But what would I know SFA

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bobsboy
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #206117 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Transport Supply Chain
Lantana and Paul

I didn't quote any research and as I said have no axe to grind, I merely put it up because Paul asked me to check my facts and this is the most comprehensive thing I could find on the subject. As I said it is a heavy read but I ploughed through it. Farting cows have never been the main topic of conversation on my Twitterbook selfies.

Lantana if you are interested in reading it you will find lots about soya production. It is not a "UN" paper written by their academic people, it is written by representatives brought in from the agricultural departments of many countries. our bloke was a CSIRO ag man. These people want agriculture to thrive, they are not some mob of vegans or do-gooders. They do not make any climate doom and gloom conclusions but merely report on the effects of the entire agriculture animal impact on the production of green house gas.

Any discussion results in extreme reactions from people at both ends of the spectrum, one refusing to consider the billions of hours of education and research gone into the efforts of people trying to make the world livable in the face of exploding population and the resulting resource depletion and pollution and those on the other end trying to use selected parts of that research to support their fanatical belief that "We'll all be runed" said Hanrahan, "before the year is out."

As always the truth lays in the middle with the scoffers and name-callers dancing around the edges. I have a great belief that, stumbling and unfocused at times we may be, Australia will continue to be a happy livable place coping with change as it always has done.

I think it was a mistake to put up that graph on the assumption people would only look at the surprisingly small transport input as a passing matter of minor interest. It has unwittingly unleashed some high emotion unseemly on a truck forum. I apologise.

Let's get back to talking trucks.

Lang
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Lang.
More
4 years 2 months ago #206119 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Transport Supply Chain
On the line of over population, it's not my fault.

When I first got married, she said she wanted two kids. Good oh says I, that's two naughties guaranteed. No! She had twins. You can guess the rest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog
More
4 years 2 months ago #206123 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Transport Supply Chain
Palm oil diesel and aero fuel is the pet hate of the greenies....Not that the Indonesians or Malaysians could give a toss......the whole of tropical Asia will be covered in oil palm plantations in a few years,nothing the greenies can do about it.
More
4 years 2 months ago #206133 by roKWiz
Replied by roKWiz on topic Transport Supply Chain
I'm with Quick Dick but manage to run a couple of trucks on Bio no problem.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did
More
4 years 2 months ago #206134 by lantana jack
Replied by lantana jack on topic Transport Supply Chain

Mrsmackpaul wrote:
...Im not educated and never finished high school and have no letters before or after my name so any input I have will be disregarded on this basis alone ...

Paul

Your CV reads much the same as mine...:)
. ...I do though have a certificate of attendance for a Permaculture earth works course and a certificate of attendance for a TAFE wind power course. Both these courses were done back in my hard core greeny days during the early 1990’s when I were also a card carrying member of the wilderness society. I intended to do the full Permaculture course and go further with the wind power though it became apparent to me that it were just a load of greeny nonsense.

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley
More
4 years 2 months ago #206135 by lantana jack
Replied by lantana jack on topic Transport Supply Chain

Lang wrote: ...I didn't quote any research and as I said have no axe to grind, I merely put it up because Paul asked me to check my facts and this is the most comprehensive thing I could find on the subject...

Lang, I woulda thought the post starting graph is the ‘research’...;)

Lang wrote: ...Lantana if you are interested in reading it you will find lots about soya production...

Lang, as this forum is related to Oz trucking, and cattle carrying is a big part of Oz trucking, I’m more interested in how the Brazilian soy production, which is ultimately part of the thread starting graph research, is related to the Australian cattle industry ? I’d also ask the question is soy grown to directly feed cattle or is it a by-product of soy production that is cattle feed ? Would the soy still be grown even if none were used to feed cattle ? The answer will surprise...

Lang wrote: ...Any discussion results in extreme reactions from people at both ends of the spectrum...

Lang, I would point out that you started the thread, with amongst other things, an attack on the Oz cattle industry - and by association, the large part of the Oz trucking industry that freight the cattle around Oz. Would you not expect a reaction when you attack people with miss-information ?

Lang wrote: ...As always the truth lays in the middle with the scoffers and name-callers dancing around the edges...

So, a little scenario - There stands the cattle truck driver minding their own business, when some greenys turns up and accuses the trucker of being all sorts of villain for being involved with cattle. The cattle truck driver asks the greenys where is their evidence of claims and the greenys just bombard the trucker with nonsense research and then insult the trucker and walk off... So what’s the trucker to think of greenys peddling nonsense?

Lang, i’d recommend you have a closer look at some of this so-called climate related research. You will find there is next to no ‘auditing’ done to prove the research. As I posted - you’ll be surprised just how much nonsense there is.
As an example of research auditing: A former editor of one of the worlds main medical research journals, the BMJ, wrote a book in which he cites multiple sources that claim over 75% of Peer Reveiwed medical research is basically false..:huh: As our own health is far, far more important to us all we tend to put medical research on a pedestal - and yet around 75% is nonsense! (“The Trouble with Medical Journals” Richard Smith, 2011)
If 75% of the worlds premier Peer reviewed medical research is nonsense, then why would we accept lower level Un-audited climate related research as a basis for making decisions?

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley
More
4 years 2 months ago #206136 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Transport Supply Chain
The bushfires have been a godsend for the greens....the schoolkids are all frigtened shitless by the telly,convinced all of Oz is on fire ,can only be cured by closing the coalmines,like tomorrow......The schoolkids are already crying about how they cant afford houses ,and all the old people have all the money.....The kids nextdoor are going on about this.I see trouble ahead when they start voting,they are going to want massive taxes on land and on anyone old with a few dollars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, dno, Southbound, oliver1950
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #206138 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Transport Supply Chain
Lantana

I surrender.

Lang
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Lang.
More
4 years 2 months ago #206146 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Transport Supply Chain
This week on our local NBN news they ran a story on Jim Pearsons Transport trialing a diesel fuel made from breaking down plastics. To look at the stuff you wouldn't use it to start a fire it was about as clear as the Yarra River in flood. I don't know who it was that made this stuff or where they came from but possibly university related but they pumped this stuff out of those palletised containers with the wire cage around the plastic cube. Mr Jim seemed very happy to run it in his Volvos.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Time to create page: 0.534 seconds