Skip to main content

Buses converted to campervans

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #112867 by makeminea2stroke
Hi Bretto

Very nice, great job.

Smart way to get what I assume are openable windows in the Bedroom. I replaced a few of mine with sheeting and then cut windows into that.

thanx for posting the picks
Cheerz
Glen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #112868 by Mairjimmy
Bretto' There you go, photos worked well, looking on my phone at the moment,look on the computer later tonight, but the photo are there for all to see. Who said you cant teach an old new tricks ;) : :) ;) ;)
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #112869 by theroadbossman
MMa2S: yep, that was the plan BUT I would never do that again. Far easier to kick a glass panel out and then metal fill and cut out for hopper windows.
Colin, it worked !!!!!! woo hoo ! :D

Austral Tourmaster with 6V92T mechanical

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #112870 by asw120
Very nice. I'll be sending my dad a link to this, he's building one at the moment. I like the blinds at the front. Lots of good ideas in there. His is a 1978 IBC. Flat floor, rear engine. It's about 3/4 done. Not quite livable yet, but they get out in it occasionally.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #112871 by Mairjimmy
Bretto, Very nice job you done there , but l think l will stick to the caravan , l will keep an eye out for you on the track somewhere cobber . Big white bus rego CC55NN named Sally . Top job on the photos keep posting them because practice make perfect.
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #112872 by hayseed
Nice job, Bossman.. wanna job fitting out a PAN for Me.... :D :D

Does your Shower & Toilet share common waste water tank, or are they separate?

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #112873 by theroadbossman
Colin,
CC53NN and has a Detroit label just below the plate, but before you get close enought to read it you can hear it in another postcode ;D
Hayseed,
The shitter feeds into the "black" tank - a 215L blue drum used for stock feed which costs $15, add a 2" dump valve from Bummings at $30,mount a porcelain shitter on top (also from Bummings) at $95 and there is the number ones and two done ;D
Do the same for the "grey" water tank - another 215L blue drum used for stock feed which costs $15, add a 2" dump valve from Bummings at $30, plumb the shower, hand basin, and kitchen sink into that and then that is two from two done. Easy peasy and cheap.
Fresh water is a purpose built 450L poly tank from award tanks in Qld - they cost $1 per litre of capacity (min 300) and a bloody good tank too.
cheers
Bretto

Austral Tourmaster with 6V92T mechanical

9 years 2 weeks ago #112874 by
Replied by on topic Re: Buses converted to campervans
...that's a really beautiful job, and very well done Brett 8-) 8-) 8-)

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #112875 by Roderick Smith
In the 1960s, I recall a caravan named 'Sally IV', a pun on 'sally forth'.

Here are two more mobile homes converted from Flxible Clippers.

Roderick Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor (retiring)

150329Su Essendon Fields (Essendon Airport). FC rally, blue FLX116 & red FLXBLE. R Smith

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #112876 by wedgetail84
very nice Bret, that's quite a living quarters. How much do you take her out? And the GM looks spotless! How many horses is she putting out? Might have to talk donaldson exhausts when you visit too...
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by wedgetail84.

Time to create page: 0.565 seconds