Skip to main content

Model Truck Builders.................

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #27453 by Cunning Stunt
Stand up and be counted!!! I am sure that many of you have built or are attempting to build plastic truck model kits. How about a few pics and don't be bashfull. I love model trucks and especially the old AMT ones.

So show us what you've got. Here is one of my unfinished efforts. Australian Kenworth model with resin T900 bonnet conversion, made into day cab and converted to right hook. I scratch built the dog chassis and I used resin airbag suspension and ball race. Bodies still to be built. I was making it for a salesman at Hamelex White who quit his job half way through the build. I'll finish it one day :D

This next one is a yet to be built very early and rare Revell 1953 Kenworth needle nose. I bought it off eBay and had it sent out from the States :o

Some play hard to get

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #27454 by bigcam
Nice job Bruce. I did a couple of models as a young fellow, but I havn't done any since. I do enjoy checking them out, especially the ones that have been made to look like they are Australian. You've got plenty of company, Greenie is a bit of an avid model buff, as well as oldfella from Townsville.
That's not like a truck salesman to change his mind and not follow through with a deal >:(, not that any of them have ever done anything similar to me :o.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #27455 by atkipete
Have done a few, my latest one an RP Atkinson 8 wheeler is proving a bit challenging.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #27456 by Cunning Stunt
Well come on atkiP, where's the pics??

Some play hard to get

14 years 2 weeks ago #27457 by

Hi Cam, I'll wait to see what others have been up to before posting anything.

What's the 'oldfella' been making?

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

14 years 2 weeks ago #27458 by
Ok will put a couple of mine!

Unfortunately haven't taken many photos of mine for a while so had to take some when I saw this great post!

The first is a Tamiya Radio control semi truck. It has a full light and sound kit on it. As well as a 3 speed gearbox and quite a few other additions! Unfortunately due to the rush light is bad inside. Plus battery in truck hadn't been charged for a while. So it did take a few shots to get some footage! :-[

[IMG

The next are a bit smaller! Couple of kits I built in HO scale. Just to show the size of them the back drop is a match box! Very hard to photograph but enjoy non the less! (Should have seen me trying to put the crank handle onto the tractor!)

Got a few more kits laying around must get back onto them some time! So many other bigger jobs awaiting first however! :D

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #27459 by Swishy

Stunning
Gudday M8

Gr8 thread
Nice pix guys

When We built the new shed n office
me thort I'd lash out n get a display cabinet
a Local cabinet appeared @ the right price ($60)
so here tiz

LOL

Az eye have tooo many thumbz on each hand I've sorta given up on assemblin truck models etc

Woopz
Jist relized
musta taken the pic B 4 all the models were put on display

Note to self
Self grab sum new pix
LOL
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #27460 by bigcam
Greenie, oldfella, Pete, has had these pics on BigLorryBlog before, so I don't think he'll mind me posting them here. He hasn't worked out the Photobucket thing. Pete has a lot of old pics from North Queensland which he shared with me to put on the Heritage Truck Assoc website. Anyway, here's some of his models.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #27461 by Cunning Stunt
Those are some great pics guys. Swishy I took a double take when I looked at yours and realised that they were cutouts of your vehicles, very interesting. How'd you do it?

The small models are amazing, I don't know how you do them. The B models are awesome.

And JB, I thought your Acco was cool until I saw the Tamiya RC. I want one 8-)

Keep em coming!!

Some play hard to get

14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #27462 by
Thanks Cam, looks like the 'oldfulla' is into collecting "First Gear" brand die cast models, they had a pretty good range of Aussie B 61 Macks, with a good assortment of different company colours from that period.

If anybody is interested in buying this stuff, here's a link to what they make today. It's freeely available in most hobby shops, or do a check for stuff online, or, even E-Bay has quite a bit of this lot.

www.firstgearreplicas.com/

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

Time to create page: 0.520 seconds