Skip to main content

Model Truck Builders.................

More
13 years 11 months ago #27533 by disco
Guy's, good to see that we're covering models as well, liking what I ve seen so far, Pat,Greenie,Bruce, last time I seen Phil Norman he was/is working for Wettenhall's out of their Lara depot, I'll try to find out if he is still there and what ever happenend to his models, in the interest of keeping this thread going I've included some of mine

1 Bunker's 601 triple road train took about 3.5 years to build

2, Slimline I used to drive, made model from spare parts box,auslowe bits, just need sign writing to finish it

And krupp titan similar to my grandfather's in Holland

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #27534 by seattle62kw
Hi All,
well i've been building for 30 years now and this is my latest creation. It's a 1966 K-100 based on a modified AMT chassis, 8V71N, Road Ranger, 2 spring, one of my MMTA resin cabs and modified tipper bodies. Tried to keep a real 70's theme going and think i've managed that :)

More
13 years 8 months ago #27535 by bigcam
Looks the goods mate, well done.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #27536 by AKTrucker
The detail in these trucks is fantastic.

When I was 15 I started doing 1:25 model cars, and really wanted to build trucks but the only truck I could find in shops was a pretty big scale one, and cost about $300 (R/C) :(

I think I'm gonna have to start looking around for some though.

I would love to build a model Aussie Army Mack. Or any similar model Mack for that matter.

www.mheaust.com.au/Aust/gallery/Mack/Macktrk.htm

Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by AKTrucker.

More
13 years 8 months ago #27537 by Stew70
Nice Work Evan. Great looking KW.

More
13 years 8 months ago #27538 by greenie
G'day Evan, good job on this one as usual, now what are you going to fit into the back of that KW, it looks far too plain just like that ?

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
13 years 8 months ago #27539 by seattle62kw
It's amazing how many people are telling me to put a pig or dog behind the K100! I reckon i'll bite the bullet and whip one up :) Only one problem, i'm all out of AMT Uniroyal tyres and seeing they're on the truck i'd want them on the trailer. Used to be able to find them anywhere, but i can't seem to dig up any anywhere at the moment, which is a problem when i need about 36 of them!

More
13 years 8 months ago #27540 by Sandy
Hi static modellers, you have some fantastic models going here, reminds me when I first started in modelling some 45 years ago with 1/25 then onto the 1/16 when Monogram brought out their range of Kenny

More
13 years 5 months ago #27541 by greenie
Hey Cunning, you seen how many hits this thread has got now, unbelievable, so who's doing the looking ?

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
13 years 5 months ago #27542 by Cunning Stunt
Unreal Greenie. I was naive as to just how poular models would be, even more naive to the amazing lengths people like yourself would go to at recreating a real thing in minature..................unlike me whose skill extends to (yawn) 1/24th scale ;)

Some play hard to get

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds