More
9 years 8 months ago #146226 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Kenworth K123 CR
Defective
You have had the magnifying glass out again :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #146227 by
Replied by on topic Re: Kenworth K123 CR
;D ;D ;D ;D....jeeez, i must be bored a bit or something like that eh Geoff! ::) ::) ::)

...i'm starting to need a bloody magnifying glass for just about everything these days ol' mate...especially during this cold winter ;D ;D ;) ;)

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #146228 by andy950
Replied by andy950 on topic Re: Kenworth K123 CR
Not the best pic, but another of it brand new. Borrowed the pic from facebook ;), yeah I noticed the vents as well Detective ;D< that's how the early aerodynes were, they were set like that so there was room for a telly' if you look closely at the brochure in the main pic you can see were there is a provision for a telly,to the side off that there is a heater vent, up infront of the top bunk,behind driver,in the smaller pic on the bottom right of the brochure you can see the other vent just behind the heater vent, so from the outside it is further back on the right hand side top ;)
[IMG

And heres mine without the tank skirts, much better I think
[IMG
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by andy950.

More
9 years 8 months ago #146229 by geoffb
Bloody great hand brake there next to it Andy ::)

More
9 years 8 months ago #146230 by Lachlan
Replied by Lachlan on topic Re: Kenworth K123 CR
Andy and Detective, here are a couple of pics - one not very good, showing the vents in line on the LHS of the cab. I notice that a bigger tank and a smaller battery box has been fitted on this side than appears on the brochure truck. In 34 years some changes are bound to have been made.

BTW there's no telly but the In Cab Entertainment system in the truck these days is a radio/CD player that works quite well if you lean over and press the right button and take away your age last birthday.

Some of the other paint schemes were a bit out there. Who would have taken the pic of the trucks lined up when new?

More
9 years 8 months ago #146231 by geoffb
The plot thickins Locky
Where the rivet counters
Just as well you had those missing ones replaced ::) ::)

More
9 years 8 months ago #146232 by andy950
Replied by andy950 on topic Re: Kenworth K123 CR
Haha nah not a handbrake Geoff, about all its good for is rolling your ankle on when ya get out and forgey about it ::)
Like your set up Lachlan, something what I want to do with mine, a flat top with a tarped load, we get heaps of palicons at work so i'll get a heap of empties and through a tarp over em ;)

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #146233 by geoffb
Found this and noticed the vent and stole for education and Locky purposes ::) ::)
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by geoffb.

9 years 8 months ago #146234 by
Replied by on topic Re: Kenworth K123 CR
Some more education

Loosley. :) ;)

More
9 years 8 months ago #146235 by Lachlan
Replied by Lachlan on topic Re: Kenworth K123 CR
Loosley, that's a great pic.

I'll be doing some in cab comparisons which I'll share with you next week after I've taken some pics to match the ones that were in the brochure.

Then I'm going to ask you whether you reckon it's the same truck. BTW the "KENWORTH" badge on the side of the cab on mine is kind of gold, not chrome. Does that tell anyone anything?

Cya, Lachlan

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds