www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1330937077/0

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #146237 by
Replied by on topic Re: Kenworth K123 CR
Hi Lochy,

The big Item changes like fuel tanks and battery box stand out but , but have you noticed the cab marker lights,
front indicator lamps, and sun visor.
All bolt on bolt off parts, but different.
Loosley. :) ;)

More
9 years 8 months ago #146238 by Lachlan
Replied by Lachlan on topic Re: Kenworth K123 CR
Hi Swishy, yep it was the other thread on the hairy diners that gave me the idea of finding out about the history of this truck of mine.

And Loosley, yes I've noticed those things as well - add the hand rail/steps to that list. The lights have been changed to LEDs which would account for the markers and indicators having changed. The sun visor I'll have to check when I look closely at the truck and get back to you on this soon.

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
9 years 8 months ago #146239 by BillyP
Replied by BillyP on topic Re: Kenworth K123 CR

Heres my 2 bobs worth..........Spotted this 2 day

...................Billy..........................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.

More
9 years 8 months ago #146240 by andy950
Replied by andy950 on topic Re: Kenworth K123 CR
HI lochy
the grab rails look like E cab rails, same as what should be on mine, can tell this because mine has the bolt holes in the side of the cab just behind the locker box for the brackets , mine had G cab ones fitted to go with the tank covers ;) . The gold badges are just a limited run kenworth done a while ago,doesnt really mean anything, probably still get em, the bug on the front though is a different story, if ya got one hold on to it, cant get them anymore, be worth heaps down the track, lucky for me I got one here still wrapped in plastic, and that's where it will be staying ;D

More
9 years 8 months ago #146241 by Lachlan
Replied by Lachlan on topic Re: Kenworth K123 CR
Andy - you've spooked me now, I will put security onto by front bug. And BillyP I had some work done on the truck the other day and she was surrounded by K200s and K180s. I was hoping that when I came back she might have changed into a K104 or at least a 104B, but she hadn't.

This morning I drove her down to Melbourne from Euroa and I was glad she'd stayed a K123 cos it was a terrific run.

I've checked a few things. The cab has the "air con" control in the sleeper just like the brochure and a place where a fridge was as well as a place where a telly might have been, all on the RHS. There's a hole in the headlining above the pass door where a spotlight handle has been. There are a couple of extra holes each side of the sun visor where a different one could have been fitted in the past.

So is this the truck in the brochure? The interior exactly matches the brochure. I think it is. I can't be certain and for sure, but as it seems pretty unlikely KW would have painted two original aerodynes the "Granite Green" and KW Gold with a black chassis on spec then it seems to me pretty sure this is the one in the brochure.

We don't know where she's been between 1980 and about 2008 when the PO bought her but at least we know where she started from!

Thanks everybody for your help. If I find any more cluses I'll get back to you. I will see if I can make out who the owner before last was from the marks on the cab where his name was and let you know.

Cheers,

Lachlan

More
9 years 8 months ago #146242 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Kenworth K123 CR
Locky
Looks like you may have something of fame
Better get it out more often ( the truck I mean) :P :P

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds