Skip to main content

No more Inters !!

More
14 years 1 month ago #23218 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: No more Inters !!
Gday T,
The current ACCO looks like an Iveco because they have added the Iveco front panel to it. The main part of the cab dates back to 1972 but still a good one for a local truck.
same truck, different face

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #23219 by henryox
Replied by henryox on topic Re: No more Inters !!
Well, only one thing wrong with the current ACCO, when i priced a new one a few years ago they were too bloody dear, had i bought 4 new Isuzu i would have got the 4th one free, seeing as how my bank balance wasnt showing all the monthly payments mounting up i went and bought the boys a new fan for their trucks , A/C cabs went out the window

More
14 years 1 month ago #23220 by Tatra
Replied by Tatra on topic Re: No more Inters !!
@Roland: Well, seeing as you are the M-D guru :), you are probably right on no air cooled Deutz engines available on these models... Must have been my imagination but if I get the chance when I'm in Israel I'll have a look or ask.

@Pete: :o I don't know what to make of it - the last time I saw one was in 1986 and it looked like the bottom pic... Production of this cab must have been one of the longest running ever - I don't think even the VW/MAN COEs (still in use in Brazil) are as old as this (and, for that matter, the Ford Cargo cab - still being produced in india) - surely a record and the design obviously is a good one.

Cheers,

T

More
14 years 1 month ago #23221 by atkipete
The current ACCO cab was designed back in 1968 and has had various improvements over the years. They took the rust out in the mid 80s and added air suspension in the mid 90s.
It might not be the longest running truck cab in the world, that K100 Kenworth cab has been around a long time.

More
14 years 1 month ago #23222 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: No more Inters !!
they were a good truck (with the right powertrain!) ive had so many accos over the years . a 1610a 345 V8 powered . a 1710 V8 petrol a 1810 perkins turbo (best of the bunch) and a 1810B Neuss (turbo powered ..many good and bad memories . . . among my peers at the moment there are not to many good words about the ivecos now they are getting a few miles under their belt

More
14 years 1 month ago #23223 by atkipete
Using Photoshop, a bit of imagination and a few stubbies here is what I imagine the first model will look like. Apologies to Baz for butchering his truck.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 1 month ago #23224 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: No more Inters !!

AtkiPete
U dun good
Now is this Ch@erpillar truck pony motor start?
LOL
U'll need a new name for the beast
Caterstar
Navicat
InterCat
CatNav
Big F Yella truck
LOL
But they R get n into bed with the chinese

CatDimSim
LOL
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 1 month ago #23225 by atkipete
Still working on the cab layout, steering wheel or track brakes ? will the driver sit in the middle or on the right ?

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #23226 by Old AB
Replied by Old AB on topic Re: No more Inters !!
Hey Pete, ... Was loading out of a Holcin quarry, (Was Readymix) the other day and saw a new Cat dump truck. Driver now sits in the middle of them. Not on the left like they did for years, They might try that with the new trucks. Can supply America and Australia with one design.......LOL .......... Tony

Keep old inters alive.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #23227 by atkipete
Dunno much about those heavy dump trucks, did the Volvo ones ( sorry Swishy) have the driver in the middle.

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds