Skip to main content

Tilt Trays

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #244699 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Tilt Trays
The NSW tow truck industry council rules read like a business model for organised crime. I haven't worked out what's in it for highway patrol police. In some they areas they are stupid hard and others don't pay any attention. According to the rules you will need to prove that the car belongs to you. Can even get busted if you have a car cut in half going to metal recyclers.
There is an anommaly which is that car carriers are exempt so get a magnet sign for your door.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by mammoth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xspanrman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #244700 by JMR
Replied by JMR on topic Tilt Trays
Probably the same people who run the gambling lobby haha

More
1 year 1 month ago #244702 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Tilt Trays
There are plenty of tilt trays here in NSW not on TT plates which carry all manner of things. The local scappy has a KW which he uses to shift old vehicles as well as containers. The local removalist has one to move containers and machinery. Being the driver of one, I see them about frequently, as well as a lot of others when travelling about the state.

The rules here are so twisted. For instance, a tow truck is required to have 4 restraints holding a vehicle on, but the winch cannot be one of them. It must have no tension applied. On the other hand, a car carrier is only required to have 2 restraints, diagonally opposite. A car carrier with a winch fitted, is automatically required to be on TT plates. Or that is the way it was last week, but they move the goal posts frequently, so who knows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, xspanrman

More
1 year 1 month ago #244708 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Tilt Trays
There are around 6 tilt trays around here most owned by one company and have seen one privately owned one and all have TT plates. As stated the rules here are all over the place and hard to know what is and isnt right

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
1 year 1 month ago #244715 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Tilt Trays
I read the smash tow operators agreed to a big increase in the tow licence cost in exchange for the govt cracking down on all the weekender 4x4 +trailer vehicle mover websites that were springing up on the net,and giving the towies a monopoly on vehicle moving ,and scrap vehicle collecting.....when the price of scrap is high ,car body removal is a very profitable sideline for towies ...especially if the cat converter is still in the car.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 1 month ago #244719 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Tilt Trays
I saw a bumper sticker years ago that is very appropriate. “I want to stamp out government corruption, or I want a piece of it”.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, asw120, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
1 year 1 month ago #244729 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic Tilt Trays
Thanks all, some food for thought in there.

As hayseed mentioned I’m up in Qld. Also live in a not so metro area so not too likely to run into trouble with laws etc so long as I’m behaving.

Thinking a bogie starts getting too big, might need to reassess my criteria a touch. Have another tilt company in town with a super tilt and HR body truck, wanting to pick up the work he is too big for to keep the outer towners away where possible. Well that’s my goal anyway.

Thanks all

Adventure before Dementia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 2 days ago #245275 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic Tilt Trays
Hey all. So I should be looking at a 2013 FD Hino 500 with a Bozmac tray in the coming days. It has 600k Klms. Anything you guys know of as far as issues go with these trucks which I should look at. Will be taking oil samples for analysis.

I’m in Qld and it recently passed it’s COI.

Cheers
Urchy87

Adventure before Dementia.

More
1 year 2 days ago #245283 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Tilt Trays
Im of no help here, but I think most of the Jap trucks are pretty good

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Urchy87

More
1 year 2 days ago #245289 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Tilt Trays
Urchy, the mate I have been helping out for the past 16 years has 3 Hino tilt trays. One is only 3 years old and has around 300,000 on the clock. The other 2 both have well over 1,000,000kms and neither of the have had anything touched on the engines. Not even pumps or injectors. Two clutches each and the one with the highest milage is starting to make a bit of noise in the box. The secret being regular servicing, every 10,000 ks, no exception.
In my humble opinion, you can't go past them for that type of work, BUT, it does depend on their past history.

Good luck with your search,
Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Urchy87

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds