Skip to main content

Kenworth VS Western Star

More
12 years 8 months ago #61684 by Daninmky
Im not great at statistics but a few people here seem to have their finger on the pulse. Western Stars seem to be the flavour over the past few years and they seem to keep going. Im just wondering how close it is between Kenworth and Western Star in regards to competition bragging rights. :-? And is it the old Holden vs Ford thing or does the Star offer a really good package :-?

2 Blondes Walked into a Building.......neither of them seen it.....BOOM  BOOM!!!&&A blo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #61685 by Henry Stanley
it is the old Holden vs Ford thing and they are offering a very good package. Don't miss it.-

More
12 years 8 months ago #61686 by paul404
The owner drivers seem to be going for stars. You get a choice of engine, and all the bells and whistles for about $50,000 less. Big fleets still seem to be KW. For example a new K200 that turned up at work a few weeks ago with alloy bullbar, hydraulics and fuel haul kit is worth a touch over $380,000.

More
12 years 8 months ago #61687 by Hardtopman
The Kenworths windscreens have a habit of falling out. The rubber seal is glued to cab and then the glass is in the rubber. The rubber lets go of the cab and the screen come loose.

More
12 years 8 months ago #61688 by werkhorse
Round here it's ......

ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
12 years 8 months ago #61689 by Aussiehooker
i have driven the sar and the w but i love my star c 15 18 speed 54 merritors 131 ton rated 49 ex constellation on neway cheers don

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #61690 by kenny-mopar
about 3 or 4 years ago i spoke to a guy who worked for western star & he said basically "the same" truck as a kenworth but around 40k cheaper ... no wonder the owner drivers prefer them . .
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by kenny-mopar.

More
12 years 7 months ago #61691 by melonreo
ask the toll tanker drivers what they think of the new western stars on their b-doubles ????? :(

More
12 years 7 months ago #61692 by hayseed

ask the toll tanker drivers what they think of the new western stars on their b-doubles ????? :(

Ok. Melon, I'll bite. ::)

I'll shortcut this ;),& ask you..

What's their beef, with 'em :-?

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 7 months ago #61693 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Kenworth VS Western Star
Beef iz
It aint got no KW badge